Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
As posted in transfer thread:

Yaaay ;)
Too old I guess Zat?

:eek:

Reminds me of the Gomes signing...

….not sure why. This lad has a Rolls Royce engine, capable of covering the length of the pitch comfortably, even when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

You ask ‘name a couple of games he’s played against top opposition where he’s been a stand-out’? He was a stand-out for Holland at a major international tournament.

You want us to pay twice as much for Aarons: ‘name a couple of games he’s played against top opposition where he’s been a stand-out’?. England took 6 RBs to the Euros and Aarons wan’t one of them.

£15m is a fair fee. We need to pay it if he is our choice and then sell someone.

We have to prioritise this summer and right back is priority. Do the deal then sell someone in an area we have more options.

If that has to be it for the rest of the window then so be it. We will automatically be stronger if we sign Coleman's successor. If we go into the season with an aging and injury prone Coleman, backed up by JJ Kenny, then we are really in for a long hard season.

Unless you've seen him play every minute of every game hes played I cant understand why you'd be against this guy.

Looks absolute made for the premier league and proper cult hero status in the making.

£15m on a pacy right back or pay £20m more for a Championship standard RB who recorded less goals and assists than Dumfries last season

Why do you think no one has made a bid for Dumfries in the last few years?

Im hard pushed to remember any top quality Dutch players who were still playing in Holland past 25.

Reiziger would be the last Dutch right back who was good...he moved at 23.

….not sure why. This lad has a Rolls Royce engine, capable of covering the length of the pitch comfortably, even when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

You ask ‘name a couple of games he’s played against top opposition where he’s been a stand-out’? He was a stand-out for Holland at a major international tournament.

You want us to pay twice as much for Aarons: ‘name a couple of games he’s played against top opposition where he’s been a stand-out’?. England took 6 RBs to the Euros and Aarons wan’t one of them.

I didnt watch the euros. He didnt play against top opposition there did he?

Ukraine, Macedonia, Austria and Czech Republic....

Did he play well against the Czechs at least as the first 3 arent really a serious challenge...compared to the premier league.

To sign any player from overseas is a risk. You want to see them have good games against quality opposition before pulling the trigger.

Ive not seen that.

What i have seen are other players in the premier league who I also wouldnt want...many other names around the world who are a punt.

It looks to be a limited market and seems like this is the cheap punt were looking at.

Aarons can play in the premier league...Emerson has been class in Spain. Dalot has imo looked good for united as well.

For me they make more sense as they can pass, cross and are also quick the same as Dumfries, if not faster.

In 12months time, if Dumfries costs say £15mil, 4 year contract and has been average are we not going to want an upgrade?

Unless you've seen him play every minute of every game hes played I cant understand why you'd be against this guy.

Looks absolute made for the premier league and proper cult hero status in the making.
I thought he looked very good in a five, I wonder what he would be like in a four.
That would be the only caveat for me.... and coming from the Dutch league.

Im hard pushed to remember any top quality Dutch players who were still playing in Holland past 25.

Did he play well against the Czechs at least as the first 3 arent really a serious challenge...compared to the premier league.

To sign any player from overseas is a risk. You want to see them have good games against quality opposition before pulling the trigger.

Ive not seen that.

What i have seen are other players in the premier league who I also wouldnt want...many other names around the world who are a punt.

It looks to be a limited market and seems like this is the cheap punt were looking at.

Aarons can play in the premier league...Emerson has been class in Spain. Dalot has imo looked good for united as well.

For me they make more sense as they can pass, cross and are also quick the same as Dumfries, if not faster.

In 12months time, if Dumfries costs say £15mil, 4 year contract and has been average are we not going to want an upgrade?

….you say to sign any player from overseas is a risk, yet I dare say the majority of PL players are from overseas. Signing any player is a risk, especially potential rather than proven. I think Aarons is as much in the potential category as Dumfries.

Ive not seen that.

On Dalot mate, he's played 20 times for UTD since 2018.... that's about 7 apps a season... What has he done that's good?

Not that am slagging him, I thought he was a decent player before he went to UTD, but he hasn't really performed or pushed anyone there at all has he.

….you say to sign any player from overseas is a risk, yet I dare say the majority of PL players are from overseas. Signing any player is a risk, especially potential rather than proven. I think Aarons is as much in the potential category as Dumfries.

If we take Aarons, hes played in the premier league and was considered as the same, if not higher bracket as Godfrey.

In the championship he was the championship young player of the year in 2018/19 and in the team of the season then and also 20/21. Also in the PFA team of the year both seasons.

We know he can play in England and is only 21.

Dumfries is 25 and all i can say is that im gobsmacked that people rate him so highly...

...Benitez also stated we want to get the ball into DCL. Dumfries isnt going to be putting high crosses into the box.

Im not sure what people are expecting from him. I suppose i should have watched the euros as im mystified :)

On Dalot mate, he's played 20 times for UTD since 2018.... that's about 7 apps a season... What has he done that's good?

Not that am slagging him, I thought he was a decent player before he went to UTD, but he hasn't really performed or pushed anyone there at all has he.

He looked like an exciting two footed attacking right back with pace, good passing and crossing.

Still only 22 and id expect we could get him for a low fee or a loan with buy option.

far to much common sense their Eggs, but gutted myself but it is what it is.

If we take Aarons, hes played in the premier league and was considered as the same, if not higher bracket as Godfrey.

In the championship he was the championship young player of the year in 2018/19 and in the team of the season then and also 20/21. Also in the PFA team of the year both seasons.

We know he can play in England and is only 21.

Dumfries is 25 and all i can say is that im gobsmacked that people rate him so highly...

...Benitez also stated we want to get the ball into DCL. Dumfries isnt going to be putting high crosses into the box.

Im not sure what people are expecting from him. I suppose i should have watched the euros as im mystified :)

£35m Zat, money that could be better spent elsewhere, especially for a club horribly hamstrung with FTP problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.