2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've described him as a god awful player. How many god awful players score those types of goals? And it's not his only top class goal for us either.

Could Rondon or Klaasen have scored it?
He is god awful though, a lad with his pace should be scoring a lot more than 36 career goals

He is god awful though, a lad with his pace should be scoring a lot more than 36 career goals
He cost £1.7m. So that reflects his poor goal record.

But he's produced some moments of absolute brilliance that a £1.7m player shouldn't be capable of.

Despite what some say he's also one of our most threatening players most weeks, even when he has an off game

One of the best value for money signings we've made in the Moshiri era

He cost £1.7m. So that reflects his poor goal record.

But he's produced some moments of absolute brilliance that a £1.7m player shouldn't be capable of.

Despite what some say he's also one of our most threatening players most weeks, even when he has an off game

One of the best value for money signings we've made in the Moshiri era
Quite for 1.5m he's been a good pickup as frustrating as he can be he has pace and his moments

What I find with Gray is the moment he hits any type of form he gets injured & then we have a 3 month wait before he hits any type of brilliant form again, frustrating.

He’s one of our very few wildcards. It’s worth carrying frustrating players if they’ve got that in their locker.

I wish we had a few more, to be honest.
The fella obviously has ability, a technically magnificent goal today and an excellent team performance. Too few of the squad have a geniune ability to strike a football and without him and players like him, we lose today. Well in Demerai, I hope the rest has done you good

A frustrating player, can be very head down and run into blind alleys, but has some moments of brilliance… start to last season, Arsenal goal, assist to DCLs goal against Crystal Palace and of course yesterdays goal.

This role playing off the centre forward could really suit him. Less responsibility going back and able to get into good positions for a counter attack and using his pace.

I’ve said it previously and a poster did earlier in the thread, I think we have a squad that suits more of a 5 at the back and 3 central midfielders, it’s both where we’re heavier in numbers and quality. Gray or Gordon can play off the main striker or having both and playing with a 3 up top and 2 central midfield.

A frustrating player, can be very head down and run into blind alleys, but has some moments of brilliance… start to last season, Arsenal goal, assist to DCLs goal against Crystal Palace and of course yesterdays goal.

This role playing off the centre forward could really suit him. Less responsibility going back and able to get into good positions for a counter attack and using his pace.

I’ve said it previously and a poster did earlier in the thread, I think we have a squad that suits more of a 5 at the back and 3 central midfielders, it’s both where we’re heavier in numbers and quality. Gray or Gordon can play off the main striker or having both and playing with a 3 up top and 2 central midfield.
To use him effectively, we need to be playing out to him quickly and letting him run at defences. Slow build up play negates his advantages. Also, he is better on the left side.

It is no surprise that when we play on the break, he starts looking dangerous.

I tend to agree, this 433 has had our pants down and clearly hasn’t worked for us, hopefully Frank realises now and we can start playing to our strengths instead of running around like headless chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.