2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a useful squad player isn't he? Someone you want as an option late on.

I don't think he starts week in, week out for 15+ teams in the Prem. I'm not convinced he has the composure or ability to get even close to double figures for goals or assists.

I guess that is why we signed him for buttons.

I think he lacks any tenacity to his game.

I think he's a useful squad player isn't he? Someone you want as an option late on.

I don't think he starts week in, week out for 15+ teams in the Prem. I'm not convinced he has the composure or ability to get even close to double figures for goals or assists.

I guess that is why we signed him for buttons.

At the moment him, Gordon and McNeil are very inconsistent. I'm not saying they are as bad as some of the players we have had, so it's not the worst problem to have, but by improving the other areas these lads stick out more.

I'd be very tempted to get Iwobi playing wide on one side and then pick 1 from 3 currently.

At the moment him, Gordon and McNeil are very inconsistent. I'm not saying they are as bad as some of the players we have had, so it's not the worst problem to have, but by improving the other areas these lads stick out more.

I'd be very tempted to get Iwobi playing wide on one side and then pick 1 from 3 currently.

No doubt.

I think it's a big concern - from before the window shut;

The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.

We've scored 8 in 9.

Come the end of the season, I think there's 12-15 teams who score more than us.

That's because, IMO, our front three are what they are.

Right now we need him, but it'll be a sign of progress when he's not starting on a regular basis. Don't think he's capable of playing as part of a coherent attacking set up. Everything he does is just him trying to do it all by himself.

He needs to improve on his decision making. He slows attacks down whenever he stops to do a few tricks and stepovers and allows the opposition to get set. Loads of ability, just has to release the ball earlier at times.

He needs to improve on his decision making. He slows attacks down whenever he stops to do a few tricks and stepovers and allows the opposition to get set. Loads of ability, just has to release the ball earlier at times.
He had a great opportunity to put Maupay through, who had made a great run.
I was sure he was going to until he didn't
I reckon he still doesn't know he could have
He's a tricky winger, but if he had more awareness we'd not have got him for 1.7mil

You live in a computer game
its hardly fantasy, we've been linked with both players in the past and made an offer for Mudryk in the summer

if we had the finances we could easily sign both

they play for PSV and Shakhtar not Real Madrid or Bayern Munich

Leeds have even agreed terms with Gakpo apparently so its not like they would not come to us in the hopes of securing a move to a team in europe either

its hardly fantasy, we've been linked with both players in the past and made an offer for Mudryk in the summer

if we had the finances we could easily sign both

they play for PSV and Shakhtar not Real Madrid or Bayern Munich

Leeds have even agreed terms with Gakpo apparently so its not like they would not come to us in the hopes of securing a move to a team in europe either

Hello, here is a cup of reality, drink it and sit down.

Hello, here is a cup of reality, drink it and sit down.

here's a cup of reality, is he going to replace any of the wingers at those clubs currently that have spent hundreds of millions in the summer on wingers like anthony, mane and raphinha

no

if we can sign onana who was being tracked by some of the top teams in the world then we can attract gakpo and mudryk no problem

here's a cup of reality, is he going to replace any of the wingers at those clubs currently that have spent hundreds of millions in the summer on wingers like anthony, mane and raphinha

no

if we can sign onana who was being tracked by some of the top teams in the world then we can attract gakpo and mudryk no problem
Have to agree, the only club that I see Gakpo getting a game for on that list is Utd, he isn't getting in any of those other teams imo and I rate him. Mudryk looks as though he is going to end up at Arsenal.

Gray can be brilliant, inconsistent and frustrating in equal measure. It's in his job description, he's a winger. All but the very top class wingers will, at times, stink the place out and at other times frustrate, we can neither attract nor afford a winger from the very top echelon, so... Gray is a very good player to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.