2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we selling our best Winger?
That's so sad you know. You're probably right as well. He is our best winger, yet he's still absolutely crap.

Just like we went some distance to straighten out our central defence and midfield this summer, I fully expect us to target the wing positions by next summer.

Severely lacking.

See people getting frustrated with him. But for a 1.5 million I’m not. He isn’t a starter for a team who wants to push to the top half of the table. He is a squad player, who finds himself starting each week due to limited options we have. For me the front 3 that started last night, need to replaced by starters with better quality over the next 2-3 transfer windows. Maupay I like, is a good option against certain teams and especially coming on the bench or even playing up top with a other striker. Gray should be on the bench and also Gordon. Good options to effect games coming off the bench. Just need to to make sure we get the right additions in.

See people getting frustrated with him. But for a 1.5 million I’m not. He isn’t a starter for a team who wants to push to the top half of the table. He is a squad player, who finds himself starting each week due to limited options we have. For me the front 3 that started last night, need to replaced by starters with better quality over the next 2-3 transfer windows. Maupay I like, is a good option against certain teams and especially coming on the bench or even playing up top with a other striker. Gray should be on the bench and also Gordon. Good options to effect games coming off the bench. Just need to to make sure we get the right additions in.
This really, we know both wide forward positions aren’t good enough for a team looking to finish top half and challenge for Europe. Knew it before the season started. He’s a player with talent and on his day can do something fantastic - lots of players can do that though, the good ones do it consistently and have far better decision making in the final third.

Don’t expect great things from him every game and just hold on until we can upgrade him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.