Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.

We haven’t left all the business to the end though have we mate?

What happens is we do business, and then everyone immediately forgets about it and starts pining for the next deal and so on.

You’re certainly right; we have spent less than we would have, had we sold Gordon - which I think we should have done if anything £50m or more up front ever materialised FWIW - but we elected not to. We actually took a stand as a club and decided we were going to build the team around him. But nah, keep crying about how we have no direction, can’t make decisions, etc.
Fair enough ....we have done early business off of Richy's sale / Gueye in now but I still cant believe that we went 5 matches without a striking option. Don't know how long DCL is out or whether he will find his Carlo form and health and we have no clue how Maupay will bed in. A striker needed to be brought in earlier or at least not loaning out our young strikers till now. Up the Toffees and happy to be proven wrong by the club prior to the World Cup ....

The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.
100% this

1662048156791.png

We haven’t left all the business to the end though have we mate?

What happens is we do business, and then everyone immediately forgets about it and starts pining for the next deal and so on.

You’re certainly right; we have spent less than we would have, had we sold Gordon - which I think we should have done if anything £50m or more up front ever materialised FWIW - but we elected not to. We actually took a stand as a club and decided we were going to build the team around him. But nah, keep crying about how we have no direction, can’t make decisions, etc.
It's not exactly surprising that people are concerned though is it mate? I mean we finished 16th last year and after 5 games this season we're 17th, having failed to win, score more than one goal in a game, or keep a clean sheet. People have been 'pining' for attacking options to come in all summer, because it's fairly obvious we need them. It's also fairly obvious that we're still trying to get them, because the manager evidently agrees. If we get the right attacker in then this has the makings of a pretty good window, if we don't then it looks like (another) failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.