2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. Demarai had a better game than Townsend Saturday, but it's Townsend with the assist.

Goal contributions aren't the only measure of a player
If you managed to man mark Messi out of a game by sticking to him like glue. Your stats would read no tackles,no forward passes etc. Anybody years in the future who didn't see the game would file you in the useless pile.

The reaction to the goal is the positive effect Rafael has had on us all,the fans and players, he has bought us all together as one unit, top management
Lol a good start no doubt and definitely good to see the players all working their arses off and the crowd responding to that but we’ll see how united we all are when we lose a home game.

I’m actually looking forward to the Leeds game now though which is great as I was the least excited about a new season I’ve ever been before Southampton.

Exactly this. Demarai had a better game than Townsend Saturday, but it's Townsend with the assist.

Goal contributions aren't the only measure of a player

Spot on. Gray will offer us pace on the counter and can carry the ball past players, I think he will be involved in alot of our goals but wont be the player to the play the final ball.

He should have had an assist yesterday off his cross.

Early days but thought he did well, and like many have said, he's quick, direct, likes to run with the ball and can cross, so is bringing many qualities we have been sorely lacking.

Also, liked his interview in the programme - comes across as a hard working, focused, polite young fella who is very close to his mum and sister - think the Germany move has helped him grow up.

Could prove to be a steal at price.

Sounds like he had a very decent half. May have been wrong about him. Early days yet but I'll hold my hands up if he can keep this form fairly consistently over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.