Deloitte money league

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact Newcastle and West Ham are in and around us show exactly the insignificance of that standing. Basically we’ve been able to stay in the league to get thee massive tv payments and occasionally europa. The tv deal is the only reason we’re in there and it’s unbelievable that this is trumped as a success by the Everton board.
you beat me to it. The company we keep on this list invalidates its worth.

you beat me to it. The company we keep on this list invalidates its worth.

Seems are biggest rivals in the current era, at least when considering off the pitch relevance are Newcastle and West Ham.

We are currently hindered by the capacity of Goodison in relation to them both. Once we move to BMD (assuming we do) we will have made that a more level playing field. I don't imagine that ticket prices is an area where we are going to boost our revenue like many others on that list. Reasonable ticket prices are why we have been getting the impressive attendances we have for the last few years, so I see little room for "improvement" there and that doesn't bother me.

The broadcasting revenue is then determined by qualification for the Europa League, which we have done far more than those other 2 so we have the edge there.

The most important one, and disappointing in general terms for me is the Commercial revenue. We seem to have improved in this area, and are ahead of Newcastle, but we are still behind West Ham. Partly due to the Stadium I imagine.

The Commercial revenue is where the club is falling way short but again, I think that points to us needing the move to BMD even more.

The fact Newcastle and West Ham are in and around us show exactly the insignificance of that standing. Basically we’ve been able to stay in the league to get thee massive tv payments and occasionally europa. The tv deal is the only reason we’re in there and it’s unbelievable that this is trumped as a success by the Everton board.

Both have bigger stadiums, balloon payments, one barely spent a penny, the other just recently. One in London, the other the only side in the city. One has better commercial revenue.

To say we make more money that they do with things we haven't had or got, seems fine to me. Especially when the other premiership sides above us are the top 6 clubs.

Both have bigger stadiums, balloon payments, one barely spent a penny, the other just recently. One in London, the other the only side in the city. One has better commercial revenue.

To say we make more money that they do with things we haven't had or got, seems fine to me. Especially when the other premiership sides above us are the top 6 clubs.

Both are also completely uncompetitive. Newcastle could get relegated again so what good is it if they’re in the top 20? Prem sides get a huge tv deal. So yes we’re an ok prem side but it’s not a great achievement.

Amazing Commercial revenue went up 40% @Steve0 posted yesterday and it's only at 34 million euroes, i was expecting more than that.

Laughable how PSG have 313 million euroes commercial revenues and City at 265 million euroes with their owner linked deals.

UEFA are laughable letting them both get away with utter blatant cheating.

Amazing Commercial revenue went up 40% @Steve0 posted yesterday and it's only at 34 million euroes, i was expecting more than that.

Laughable how PSG have 313 million euroes commercial revenues and City at 265 million euroes with their owner linked deals.

UEFA are laughable letting them both get away with utter blatant cheating.
Those in glass houses...

Our owner partly owns the company who sponsor our training ground.

Apparently we’re at our highest ever spot, at 17th.

Real world terms, what does this mean?

Positive spin: EFC's matchday and commercial income streams are relatively small, which means each can be improved to build the club's economic prowess; the club could be on the precipice of great growth

Negative spin: most of EFC's income is broadcast, which puts the club in very little advantage both against large European clubs and mid-table English clubs; the club could be on the precipice of economic implosion

1) Real Madrid 665.2 (579.7) – up from 2 last year
2) Barcelona 661.6 (557.1) – up from 3
3) Manchester United 590 (581.2) – down from 1
4) Bayern Munich 557.4 (505.1) – unchanged
5) Manchester City 503.5 (453.5) – unchanged
6) Paris Saint-Germain 479.9 (417.8) – up from 7
7) Liverpool 455.1 (364.5) – up from 9
8) Chelsea 448 (367.8) – unchanged
9) Arsenal 389.1 (419) – down from 6
10) Tottenham Hotspur 379.4 (308.9) – up from 11
11) Juventus 349.8 (348.6) – down from 10
12) Borussia Dortmund 281 (285.8) – unchanged
13) Atlético Madrid 269.6 (234.2) – unchanged
14) Internazionale 248.7 (225.2) – up from 15
15) Roma 221.5 (147.6) – new entry
16) Schalke 216 (197.8) – unchanged
17) Everton 188.6 (171.2) – up from 20
18) Milan 184 (164.7) – new entry
19) Newcastle United 178.5 (85.7) – new entry
20) West Ham 175.3 (183.3) – down from 17

That's the 20 richest teams in the world. 6 of them above us are in England. If we were in any other league we'd be knocking about in the latter rounds of the CL every year. But look how Tottenham have got to 10 through shrewd business from a position we have found ourselves in. We really should believe that anything is possible with this in mind.

Pull your socks up blues!

Also: #s 22 (Leicester), 23 (Soton), 24 (Palace), and 29 (Brighton) are also in England.

That's 12 of the 30 richest clubs in this ranking are PL clubs.

Both are also completely uncompetitive. Newcastle could get relegated again so what good is it if they’re in the top 20? Prem sides get a huge tv deal. So yes we’re an ok prem side but it’s not a great achievement.

Doesn't matter about being competitive. It's a money league.

Newcastles revenue went up 108% from last season as based solely of spending zero and Ashley wanting to sell. West Ham's have increased due to bedding in a new stadium, increasing the executive revenue.

We've outspent them on the pitch over 2 season and still out do them without a stadium and less commercial revenue.

On the pitch is a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.