Deloitte money league

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that if all things were equal we should have the 17th best team in the world and a shot at winning stuff on a fairly regular basis. Unless we had been shockingly badly run for over 30 years.

Unfortunately it also shows we shouldn’t have a shot at winning anything. As there are still 6 teams in this country alone that are higher than us. It shows exactly what we would expect, that we should be 7th best.

Unfortunately it also shows we shouldn’t have a shot at winning anything. As there are still 6 teams in this country alone that are higher than us. It shows exactly what we would expect, that we should be 7th best.

The league yes, but I don't see why it's true for the domestic Cups or even the Europa League if we were to get in it? Liverpool outdid 5 teams on the list to get to the CL final...so why can't we do the same in the English domestic cups, with a bit of luck with the draws?

Most of those clubs are also CL clubs so if we were to get in the Europa League, again we'd only have a smaller amount of European clubs to outdo.

For those outside the top 6 it all seems to come down to Europa League Qualification and Stadium Size.

If/when we move to BMD, even without Europa League football we will probably be above West Ham and Newcastle if all 3 aren't in Europe. But at the moment, without European Football, we will struggle to be ahead of them two in coming years due to the huge difference in Stadium capacity and the extra money that brings them both in relation to us. Newcastle have cheaper tickets than us I believe but with 13,000 extra fans we can't compete with their matchday revenue at present.

What can I say, it's a glass half full, glass half empty kind of a scenario we are in. Should be doing better in the cups, getting to quarter finals on an almost annual basis with a good chance of progressing into the semis and finals and European football on the cards most years. That's the foundation we should be building on. That we aren't is a cause of consternation amongst most of us.

I think the really interesting differential is between Arsenal and Spurs. The difference in turnover between them in last year's report published by Deloitte was over £120m. Now it's £10m.

My analysis would be:
That in England 6 Teams are wealthier than us, and also have better sides than us so we have little chance of catching them.
Finishing 7th in the league is par for the course.
We should be reaching the Quarter finals in domestic cup competitions should also be expected. Law of averages should suggest that we are able to get through these stages and to a final every 4 years or so. And then expect to win 1 in 3 of these finals
Our best chance of a trophy is in the UEFA League, where we will be competing fewer of the wealther sides as they will be expected to compete in the latter rounds of the champions league.

The top 6 are MUCH weathier.

There are definite opportunites for growth though - commercial revenues are better, but still lagging. Matchday revenue is extremely low, but the potential is definitely there.

They key is Euro footy in terms of that broadcast revenue driver, simple as that.

We just need to spend the money we have more wisely. Pretty much that simple.

Look at Monaco they won the league 3 years ago

Spent lots of money and had a few good years of success and now on the brink of relegation

I fear this will be Everton if our money is mismanaged

Monaco are victims of selling all their best players and not replacing them with adequate quality, i.e. Southampton.

Apparently our Europa League run (if you can call getting knocked out in the group that) is under the commercial revenue. We need a good run in the FA Cup to stay at a similar level next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.