2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never forget, that he was instrumental in the comeback, against Palace, that ultimately meant, that we weren`t going into the last game of the season needing a result or relying on other teams.
Never forget, that he (and numerous others) were instrumental in getting us into a position where we needed a comeback win against Palace in the last game of the season.

It’s like not being able to swim and praising someone who throws you into the deep end of the swimming pool and just as you’re about to drown pulls you out.

We only got into the position because players did absolutely nothing and massively underperformed throughout the season.

Feel a bit for the lad, somethings just not right.
It's been going on that long now with him that I actually think it's much more simple than a lot of people make out. I do wonder whether he might just have fallen out of love with the game, too much too soon, it happens. Let's face it though, he would hardly be the first person in the world who falls out of love with their job/career but people plod on because that's life and being a football player is clearly good money.

It's been going on that long now with him that I actually think it's much more simple than a lot of people make out. I do wonder whether he might just have fallen out of love with the game, too much too soon, it happens. Let's face it though, he would hardly be the first person in the world who falls out of love with their job/career but people plod on because that's life and being a football player is clearly good money.

We’re all speculating mate, there is a disconnect there could be anything, personally feel it may be something like mental health, or a personality issue, no grounds for that but that would be my take.

Somethings off, whatever about Spurs or Beisktas, we’re a club who would support someone through adversity and give them every chance, Frank to a degree strikes me as that type of lad too, to a point of having to set a baseline standard. If we’ve let him leave, I think there is a deep rooted issue. Even if he’s fallen out of love with the game, it could be depression or the like, one could mean the other. Hes always struck me as very childlike and likely sensitive, some people just are.

I do have a bit of compassion for him personally. Full tilt what a player, which makes it all very sad.

Feel a bit for the lad, somethings just not right.

I think Dele Alli was not the type of player who creates, passes but I think a positioning-type of player to find space and attack the goal. And that requires less attention to be drawn towards him. Unfortunately, media hype, his goal tally, and tactic changes has put a halt to his own development and his performances on the pitch. And I don't think Dele Alli had worked on changing his game throughout the years. Many players change their game over the course of their career. Maybe Alli was attempting to change his game but it just not working out.

From his time with us, out of necessity, we needed a box-to-box as that is when Everton at their best (last season) and Dele Alli was never that type of player. Alli is the type of player that plays better if the tactics revolves around exploiting his best assets, but I think most coaches still could not really pinpoint how to utilise his best attributes - I don't think Dele Alli knows either.

I think Dele Alli was not the type of player who creates, passes but I think a positioning-type of player to find space and attack the goal. And that requires less attention to be drawn towards him. Unfortunately, media hype, his goal tally, and tactic changes has put a halt to his own development and his performances on the pitch. And I don't think Dele Alli had worked on changing his game throughout the years. Many players change their game over the course of their career. Maybe Alli was attempting to change his game but it just not working out.

From his time with us, out of necessity, we needed a box-to-box as that is when Everton at their best (last season) and Dele Alli was never that type of player. Alli is the type of player that plays better if the tactics revolves around exploiting his best assets, but I think most coaches still could not really pinpoint how to utilise his best attributes - I don't think Dele Alli knows either.

Good post mate, likely that could be another angle, there were times last season we’re he would pull a pass, split a line, one touch it, form a triangle were you could see the quality.

Its probably a bit of what we all suggest above in truth, multi faceted and cumulative. My feeling is word is out now in football, that his issues are troublesome and now there is a limited market for him, prob why he’s at Besiktas.

Think it’s dead simple to be honest, his body can’t let him play his natural game any more. It hasn’t been able to for years. I’m sure there’s a quote from when he was 22 saying he couldn’t trust his body any more after the injuries. There may be a little bit of ‘falling out of love with the game’ but you would if you couldn’t play the way you had played for 22 years - see; Michael Owen (chats a lot of [Poor language removed] but there’s an interview where he talks about his injuries and the effect on his game).

He simply can’t play that all-energy, aggressive, perpetual motion game any more. Whilst he’s a decent footballer his best assets are above, take those away he’s an alright player. You could tell in his first few games for us he just looks a yard off, people saying it was down to fitness obviously haven’t watched him for the last 4/5 years, he’s spent sadly.

I think he would have been a decent sub to bring on, in this current team we have as he wouldn't have to do any tracking back and could concentrate on trying to create/score goals. However, the deal we made to pay that much money for him once he'd played a certain amount of games meant the correct decision was to send him out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.