2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free transfer with add ons basically. Time will tell I guess.
exactly here’s player we don’t want for nothing but just incase he comes good youl owe us 40 mill pity we didn’t use such forward thinking with schniderlin sandro etc and all
the other bums who’ve went for next to nothing

iirc, its essentially £10m every 20 games. Up to the £40 max. When he signed, we had 19 games left that season, so it seemed smart at the time. Still might be if he is as sorted as he says he is.
Thanks Roydo

There’s two ways that most people will look at this I think:

Either a potentially expensive punt on a (now understandably so) underperforming player.

Or a pragmatic way to sign a previously proven player without the unaffordable outlay, and who will then incur a cost that is somewhat proportional to the value he adds to the team.

No doubt the reality will lie somewhere between the two.

And if he doesn't change a bit in what we've seen in him, Form/Ability/Attitude. with the state of the club at the moment, and the wages we are already paying him, you think taking that risk and paying Spurs would be a good move by the club. ( Money that could go towards a new signing )
I think that would be pretty obvious in these next 7 'Free' games to be fair.

Awful to hear about what he's been through but glad to hear that he's - hopefully - got through it all.

If he's right and he's genuinely rediscovered that fire in his belly for football then he honestly could come good - though knowing us we'll let him go and he'll be a star for someone else.

If he gets it in his head to prove everyone wrong and show what he can do then there's every chance he can do it - he's already got to the very top once...

I think that would be pretty obvious in these next 7 'Free' games to be fair.
6 games, but anyway I think you need to re-read your post.

We cannot afford as a club to take that chance and pay his contract and that has nothing to do with what he has had to deal with.

Don’t know if he’ll ever play for us again, think it will take some time for him to work on his personal life, after that he may discover that world class talent he has. There are more important things in life than football and I hope he’s out the other side of the self destruction and darkness of his past.

Status
Not open for further replies.