2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE GOT ALLI!!! DELE ALLI!!!
I JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND!!!
HE SEAN DYCHE'S MAN!!
HE'S BETTER THAN ZIDANE!! (Zidane is now 51 years of age....)
WE GOT DELE ALLI!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JLW

And people like you that say “ it’s not your money… why do you care” are now seeing why we do.

We cannot sign any players and have nearly gone down twice… we are selling our players to balance the books and either not replacing them or replacing them with free trabsfers and loans.
Ok mate

So much nonsense arguing here. The club made a deal and knew the terms. They liked the idea of paying 10 million for 20 games. No one tricked them into taking the deal, and there’s no harm in giving him a chance to get himself turned around.

If he manages to train well enough to earn a spot in the starting XI, the club still has six games to let him prove himself. Only in that seventh game will the payment be triggered, and it’d be worth the cost to find an upgrade in someone they’re already paying wages to whether he plays or not.

He’s not triggering the clause by trying and falling. I’m rooting for him.
Absolutely. If he can show his worth in 7 matches - we pay £10m - and then get a further 10 matches before we pay another £10m. Every player we sign has a factor of how much they cost per game - and he's nowhere near the cost per game level of the ikes of Gbamin, Bolasie and even Maupay. I'm all for giving him the chance - the fella has a skill level that seen him become one of the best players in the country and he's still approaching his peak age wise. If he plays in the 7 matches we'll all know whether he's value for money - though given his health problems I'd also like to see some gesture / agreement with Spurs to enable him to have the time to get well without the stress of the conditional £10m fee. It's in everyone's interests.

As much as I have sympathy for Dele, and as much as I'd love him to get back to somewhere close to his best, to me he didn't look like a guy who was ready to give it all in the harsh environment that is the Premier League. For me, he looked fragile and vulnerable.

My concern here and this applies to all our players now and future ones, and to their playing. We cannot do with being in a relegation fight again, our aim should be for mid table ay least

Unpopular opinion here (probably) but Alli signed a contract with the club knowing he had a drug addiction and other problems, wanting to retire, and no doubt knowing he couldn’t hack it

Obviously a shame for the lad what he’s been through and I wish him all the best but he’s had us off
he could turn up to contract negotiations with lemo all over his face and soft lad kenwright wouldn’t notice

Unpopular opinion here (probably) but Alli signed a contract with the club knowing he had a drug addiction and other problems, wanting to retire, and no doubt knowing he couldn’t hack it

Obviously a shame for the lad what he’s been through and I wish him all the best but he’s had us off
That’s the spirit.

They didn't though.

He wasn't performing in training and wouldn't tell anyone about his issues.

Everyone knew he had issues though. But with most players with issues, a manager was to take a punt and let him back to his best which, as we now know, was and is harder that anyone knew.

It's almost as if people with problems sometimes get a bit optimistic and think they can overcome their issues

Status
Not open for further replies.