2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong but It occurred to me watching that interview yesterday that it was the first time I can recall ever seeing Alli speak. Given he is/was such a high profile footy player and supposedly a bit of a wild boy, according to the press, it is surprising how rare it is that he has put himself in front of the camera. Maybe that has something to do with the problems he has had? Anyway, hopefully he can sort himself out and find his form. An Alli close to his best would be a great asset in the squad.

I know but some people want 'their' moneys worth and he's on 100 grand a week and we're skint don't ye know, so get him playing or get him gone.

Who cares about the person?
Flog it to death and wheel the next one in.
Honestly, the worst thing about the money in football now is fans who spend more time worrying about budgets, wages or FFP than they do actually watching football.

Young lad’s baring his soul to the world and we need to get our monies worth out of him because of our finances ffs

I know but some people want 'their' moneys worth and he's on 100 grand a week and we're skint don't ye know, so get him playing or get him gone.

Who cares about the person?
Flog it to death and wheel the next one in.

Until a time when Sean Dyche canvasses the forum for the general consensus it's completely irrelevant if people want to see him back on the pitch or shipped out but based on Dele Alli's words in the interview those are viable options right now and thus they're absolutely fair game as conversation topics. More so than this weird view that he's on a long, long road to recovery, when everything straight from the lads mouth says he's ready to play when he's over his physical injury.

To read comments on here you'd think he's done an interview saying he's just going into rehab, not that he's been in and come out and is in a good place.

In the latest gallery on the Everton website doing some ball work with one of the fitness coaches. So that's a positive for him that he's back on the grass even if it's just a one on one session for now.

I can’t see that and interview takes away the business sense here. Do not pay any more money for him. we should absolutely help him in recovery and rebuild his career elsewhere.

we need to be stronger than that

Personally think he alludes to that in the interview.

Basically - if they want to keep me I'll do everything to play. If they dont, that's fine too and I'll find somewhere else.

Dyche has said himself that he's good at fixing broken players. So personally think he'll want to play him.

But if the brass thinks it doesn't work financially...then he should go.

Someone has to make the decision.

Personally think he alludes to that in the interview.

Basically - if they want to keep me I'll do everything to play. If they dont, that's fine too and I'll find somewhere else.

Dyche has said himself that he's good at fixing broken players. So personally think he'll want to play him.

But if the brass thinks it doesn't work financially...then he should go.

Someone has to make the decision.
Yeah. Ithink there is a difference between fixing a player who has been paid for and one who has up to 40m still to pay (I think?). That is quite a big bet on your capability to get him singing again.

Regardless we need to help him stabilize and move on personally, whatever that looks like

Can someone summarise the known clauses in the transfer agreement please?

How I understand it:

So far we have payed nothing

Up to 40 million depending on appearances etc

100k a week wages on a 3 year contract which expires Jan 2025

What happens if his contract runs out before the clauses are met? Is he then a free agent?

If we sell him then do we keep the funds or does part (or all) of that go to Tottenham?

Wish the lad well in his recovery

Thanks

How I understand it:

What happens if his contract runs out before the clauses are met? Is he then a free agent?

If we sell him then do we keep the funds or does part (or all) of that go to Tottenham?

Thanks

iirc, its essentially £10m every 20 games. Up to the £40 max. When he signed, we had 19 games left that season, so it seemed smart at the time. Still might be if he is as sorted as he says he is.

iirc, its essentially £10m every 20 games. Up to the £40 max. When he signed, we had 19 games left that season, so it seemed smart at the time. Still might be if he is as sorted as he says he is.
Wonder if the £40m clause carries over if he earns a new contract 🤔. Ie there aren’t enough games left to hit that figure before his current contract expires.

proper had our pants down there, i don’t think iv ever seen transfer terms like that, another entry for the everton firsts timeline around goodison

How I understand it:

Thanks

what player?

Status
Not open for further replies.