2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a “ transfer debacle “ though is it ?

We don’t pay a bean in transfer fees, until he’s played 20 games.

We’ve taken a gamble on a player who used to be a very good player, in the hope that we can get him playing decent footy.

If he doesn’t make the grade within those 20 games, he’ll be moved on as a free agent.

So, all we’ll have lost is his wages, whilst he’s been here.

For once, I’d say that’s quite astute for Everton.

He won’t though. He’s contracted to us for 3 years. Why do people think he’ll become a free agent in the summer? If no one is willing to take on his wages then he is staying here regardless.

Imagine if we flipped him somehow for £20m in the Summer? Levy fumo

3ADB215F-20FB-4EAD-9DDD-D4DD10032BAC.jpeg

He won’t though. He’s contracted to us for 3 years. Why do people think he’ll become a free agent in the summer? If no one is willing to take on his wages then he is staying here regardless.

You say that, but why has he moved here? His contract at Spurs was until 2024. His contract here is until 2024.

He signed a 6-year-deal at Spurs, when he was a hot property in 2018. I'm struggling to see how this is anything other than a move that would increase his chances of playing. Surely he's not massively (if at all) better off financially?

I could be wrong of course, but is there any reason he just didn't sit out his deal at Spurs if he's not got an appetite to play?

Because if he has no future here, he’ll be moved on, probably abroad.

You say that, but why has he moved here? His contract at Spurs was until 2024. His contract here is until 2024.

He signed a 6-year-deal at Spurs, when he was a hot property in 2018. I'm struggling to see how this is anything other than a move that would increase his chances of playing. Surely he's not massively (if at all) better off financially?

I could be wrong of course, but is there any reason he just didn't sit out his deal at Spurs if he's not got an appetite to play?
I reckon he does want to play, he's just not very good anymore. Of course it's easier to get playing time here because we're awful, but he won't become any better for it either. In terms of contracts etc most players want to get a good deal for themselves obviously so I doubt he's taken any big cuts in wages + I don't doubt for a second the club are willing to pay him over the odds because that's what we do.

If he's a massive flop here and someone else wants to pay him about as much as he earns already then he might go in the summer. But the crux of the issue is 1. Dele Alli isn't and most likely won't be a very good Premier League player now or in the future 2. we're ready to pay him more than a player of his current ability should earn realistically, which gives him an incentive to hang on to his contract here because chances are no other club are prepared to pay him as much as he earns here.

Once again I hope I'm wrong here but we have form for shooting ourselves in the foot with signings like these.

It’s not a “ transfer debacle “ though is it ?

We don’t pay a bean in transfer fees, until he’s played 20 games.

We’ve taken a gamble on a player who used to be a very good player, in the hope that we can get him playing decent footy.

If he doesn’t make the grade within those 20 games, he’ll be moved on as a free agent.

So, all we’ll have lost is his wages, whilst he’s been here.

For once, I’d say that’s quite astute for Everton.
Doesn't somebody have to agree to pay his wages? Or there's the danger he's another one who just disappears into the stands on a massive wage? I just think he's useless if I'm honest

Honestly some of the shouts on here blow my mind. No other club pays this dud £80,000 a week for next 3 years.

Not our money though is it.

He probably didn't think that he'd fallen so far as to not be able to get a game at Everton.

Turns out he has.

I think he will be another stinker honestly. My only hope is he builds some confidence in the summer and finds his form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.