2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Honestly some of the shouts on here blow my mind. No other club pays this dud £80,000 a week for next 3 years.

Not our money though is it.
On a pile of absolute sh__ as well. Those who think he will come good are so deluded it beggars belief. He offers nothing and I have not seen a single fleeting glance since he signed that he can Nope Frank or someone has messed up here. Everton need players who will fight like lions for every blade of grass they cover during the next few weeks and Alli is never going to do that. Even now after all the past mistakes we have made signing clueless f---wits on long contracts and multi million pound wage deals we still carry on in the same way with the new regime. How could Alli ever be the player to save us? How come nobody stopped this ridiculous transfer. God forbid. Get me out of here.

You can only go by what you see at the match and to me he looks unfit his touch is awful and basically looks like he not arsed . But please I 100% hope he proves me wrong and shuts me up
Spurs fans were saying the same for 3 years…how long do we give someone to prove us wrong, while contributing nothing and taking a big wage. We’ve tolerated this from players for too long - they deliver or get moved on.

On a pile of absolute sh__ as well. Those who think he will come good are so deluded it beggars belief. He offers nothing and I have not seen a single fleeting glance since he signed that he can Nope Frank or someone has messed up here. Everton need players who will fight like lions for every blade of grass they cover during the next few weeks and Alli is never going to do that. Even now after all the past mistakes we have made signing clueless f---wits on long contracts and multi million pound wage deals we still carry on in the same way with the new regime. How could Alli ever be the player to save us? How come nobody stopped this ridiculous transfer. God forbid. Get me out of here.
The magnificent weighted ball to Rondon on his cameo debut? That pass is beyond everyone in the squad except perhaps Gordon.

Hopefully 2 weeks of prep and working on things in training we might finally see some changes. It's been a chaotic start since Lampard and Dele came in on deadline day with a mix of tough fixtures, injuries to important players, Cup ties for which some players are ineligible and all set to back drop of needing to get instant results because of our position.

I personally think having both him and DCL fit and up to speed, playing in the same team, could be the type of spark we need to improve our chances in front of goal, and it could be an effective partnership for years to come if it works.

For the zero outlay, I fail to see how it was a disaster of a move. At this point, with the number of games left, we are looking at several games into next season before we have to pay a penny for him, by which time he will have been eased in to side and hopefully have a full pre season under his belt.

Some of the same people slagging him off are going overboard on Gordon, saying he's our best player and 1st name on the team sheet, and he has done very little of note. Wow, he controlled the ball on the halfway line, best young player in Europe. Meanwhile, an actual top top talent that we got on a free transfer is settling in and is yet to start for us but is being talked about like he's Claus Thomsen.

Let's be patient and see what he can actually bring when he gets into the side properly. If he doesn't, we release he him, no harm, no foul.

He's spent the majority of his career playing at the tip of the diamond/number 10, so unless we go back to a 4-2-3-1 where he's playing just off DCL for example then I struggle to see where he fits. He's essentially a Sigurdsson-esque player but that no longer really fits the system to suit the rest of the squad.

This is essentially how I'd see him in a 'round-peg round-hole' scenario:

Pickford

RB
---- CB ---- CB ---- LB

Doucoure
-- Allan

Gordon/Iwobi
-- DELE -- Richy/Gray ---

DCL

Last edited:
What I can't understand about these supposed top managers like Rafael and Frank is the following: why
sign players who need to contribute immediately but are so unfit and unproductive that you need a year
to see if they still offer something: Roldan and Deli Alli are the wrong answer whatever is the question.

What I can't understand about these supposed top managers like Rafael and Frank is the following: why
sign players who need to contribute immediately but are so unfit and unproductive that you need a year
to see if they still offer something: Roldan and Deli Alli are the wrong answer whatever is the question.

Alli was not a Lampard signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.