2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.

On paper, him DCL Gray and Richarlison should rip it up.

That’s a good front line that.
I’d like to see that at
Home. With Gordon in for gray. We need to go after the 3 winnable games at home. And Utd and Chelsea the crowd will be with us. Min 8
Points.

And hopefully nick something away, im
Sure something will go our way in one of the games.

He's not fast enough. He looks like he's running through sea water. Needs to do about 3 seasons worth of pre-season training!

Agree fully but having four attacking players on the pitch means only 2 in MF (assuming a back four) we know we dont have the players for a 2 man midfield so we are forced into either a 3 or a back 5 with wingbacks doing MF work. All of which means there are only 3 attacking places left in the team. Dele is neither a CF nor a winger so he doesn't get a game. Sadly!

He was an outcast at Spurs, as his form and 'attitude' has dipped alarmingly.

Spurs fans seemed to be glad to get rid of him.

Everton, as we always do on these occasions, gladly obliged.

He appears to be a shadow of the former player he was when he first burst on the scene.

Unless he can get back to the way he was, it will go down as another transfer debacle.

What do we have to lose in giving him a couple of games? The lads starting ahead of him haven't done much/anything to keep their places.
With a different set up behind him of course.
He would have to be one of no more than three or four attacking minded players.
Just throwing it out there.

Allan Doucoure / VDB

Gray / Gordon Alli Richarlison

DCL

The front 4 looks great, the problem is the two players behind them. They do not have the legs or the discipline to protect a vulnerable defence as a two. I think FL knows he cannot trust Alli to track back and cover them, so he has to try different things. He has tried Gordon or Iwobi / Townsend centrally who will work back. He's tried an extra man in defence (v Wolves) to give the attack some more freedom. And he's tried Doucoure, Allan & VDB together (v Spurs). None of those combinations have worked well so far.

To get the best out of Alli, I think we would need to play narrower, in a 4-3-1-2, which probably means dropping Gordon who has been our best player for a while.

Allan Doucoure / VDB

Gray / Gordon Alli Richarlison

DCL

The front 4 looks great, the problem is the two players behind them. They do not have the legs or the discipline to protect a vulnerable defence as a two. I think FL knows he cannot trust Alli to track back and cover them, so he has to try different things. He has tried Gordon or Iwobi / Townsend centrally who will work back. He's tried an extra man in defence (v Wolves) to give the attack some more freedom. And he's tried Doucoure, Allan & VDB together (v Spurs). None of those combinations have worked well so far.

To get the best out of Alli, I think we would need to play narrower, in a 4-3-1-2, which probably means dropping Gordon who has been our best player for a while.

I agree in that I wouldn't want to sacrifice a three comprised of Allan, Doucoure and DVB.
We need all three, but rarely have had an opportunity to do this.
We would have to try something unconventional to accommodate Alli and that might just work in our favour.
Playing width hasn't gotten us far this season, so maybe more direct with a 4-3-1-2.

He was an outcast at Spurs, as his form and 'attitude' has dipped alarmingly.

Spurs fans seemed to be glad to get rid of him.

Everton, as we always do on these occasions, gladly obliged.

He appears to be a shadow of the former player he was when he first burst on the scene.

Unless he can get back to the way he was, it will go down as another transfer debacle.

It’s not a “ transfer debacle “ though is it ?

We don’t pay a bean in transfer fees, until he’s played 20 games.

We’ve taken a gamble on a player who used to be a very good player, in the hope that we can get him playing decent footy.

If he doesn’t make the grade within those 20 games, he’ll be moved on as a free agent.

So, all we’ll have lost is his wages, whilst he’s been here.

For once, I’d say that’s quite astute for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.