2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem there is you can say that about all of them. They all have strengths and big weaknesses. I like Richarlison a lot for example, he cares and is by and large a quality player but he misses far too many chances for me or chooses the wrong option. They all do it. I think my hope would be that Dele is a bit more ruthless when a chance comes his way.

We didn't really need Dele or El Ghazi which is annoying as they are both decent enough players but now we have the issue of trying to fit everybody in whilst our midfield and defence has gaping holes all over the place. I don't think having a lad on loan who never plays and a quality player who probably thought he would walk into our side being on the bench each game helps, I wouldn't be happy if I were them. This is before you even take into account the likes of Rondon and Iwobi who have been dropped after playing "well" (for them) and Townsend who has at least scored some goals.

It's an absolute mess.

I don't think Townsend should be anywhere near the team to be honest. He has been dreadful for weeks and yesterday we lost all threat when he came on. Iwobi probably does deserve more opportunities and actually provides some balance from the right.

I have no idea how we can accomodate Alli. The only place he can play is as a second striker and we aren't good enough to have 2 strikers.

I don't think Townsend should be anywhere near the team to be honest. He has been dreadful for weeks and yesterday we lost all threat when he came on. Iwobi probably does deserve more opportunities and actually provides some balance from the right.

I have no idea how we can accomodate Alli. The only place he can play is as a second striker and we aren't good enough to have 2 strikers.
In my head Dele and Richarlison swapping with each other could work. They have the ability to make it work but you are spot on about us not being good enough to do it as it leaves a gap elsewhere on the pitch.

We cant keep a clean sheet nor can we create any decent chances. It's a bad mix.

Play him in the front 3. If you look at him in his pomp for Spurs...it was him, son, and Kane.

Issue is...we have Gray, Gordon, Richy. All are ball carriers. Alli isn't, he's basically like a more mobile Siggurdson but better finisher.

Problem is the attack dynamic changes.

The idea that he's a CM or a number 10 is going to backfire

Play him in the front 3. If you look at him in his pomp for Spurs...it was him, son, and Kane.

Issue is...we have Gray, Gordon, Richy. All are ball carriers. Alli isn't, he's basically like a more mobile Siggurdson but better finisher.

Problem is the attack dynamic changes.

The idea that he's a CM or a number 10 is going to backfire

I think he's a striker these days, or a second striker at least. I don't see him as a midfielder. The biggest concern I have so far is that it doesn't look like he can press anymore. He used to be brilliant at winning the ball high up the pitch for Son and Kane. Now he looks like he can't get near an opponent. I don't want to be negative but I don't understand why we signed him.

I think he's a striker these days, or a second striker at least. I don't see him as a midfielder. The biggest concern I have so far is that it doesn't look like he can press anymore. He used to be brilliant at winning the ball high up the pitch for Son and Kane. Now he looks like he can't get near an opponent. I don't want to be negative but I don't understand why we signed him.

Also...he had Erickson in his pomp pulling the strings from midifield which helped.

We have zero creativity from midifield so we generally have to rely on our wingers.

Hence why we're currently not scoring or creating. They don't work...we don't.

It's a working as a team though. When he's come on, he's played as a 10 or in midfield rather than an attacking outlet.

To be honest, out of our last 20 signings there's not more than 2 or 3 I've understood.

Also...he had Erickson in his pomp pulling the strings from midifield which helped.

We have zero creativity from midifield so we generally have to rely on our wingers.

Hence why we're currently not scoring or creating. They don't work...we don't.

Our full back transfers over the last 5 years are so bad they make me almost want to cry

I reckon Baines is still the best full back on the club payroll. I'm not even joking.

Our full back transfers over the last 5 years are so bad they make me almost want to cry

I reckon Baines is still the best full back on the club payroll. I'm not even joking.

I still can’t really work out why Nkounkou was binned from the club after one mediocre game against Newcastle which actually wasn’t anywhere near as bad as some of Mykolenko’s worst moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.