2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be tempted to play him as a false 9 with Gray and Richarlison just behind in a 4321. The 3 of them should be interchangeable and fairly fluid. DCL looks miles away so we don't need a lot of width to pump in crosses.
Apologies you beat me to it, hadn’t read this one I hit the send button!

Still maintain he was absolutely the wrong signing.
This.
And whose signing was he?
Lampard? jeez, I hope not.
Moshiri / Kenwright back at playing FM again?
Is prefer it was Lampard's than those 2 clowns spunking mknry we don't have, on a player that was briefly good but wouldn't pull you out of bed.

*Vaults self for when he scores the goal that keeps us up.

This.
And whose signing was he?
Lampard? jeez, I hope not.
Moshiri / Kenwright back at playing FM again?
Is prefer it was Lampard's than those 2 clowns spunking mknry we don't have, on a player that was briefly good but wouldn't pull you out of bed.

*Vaults self for when he scores the goal that keeps us up.

Awful signing, would love to be proved wrong but I fear this one is the final nail. Would have preferred a Carsley or Gravesen to put themselves about and set an example to these utter clowns.

Take any one of Allan, Doucoure, VDB, Richarlison or DCL out and give him a start.

Everyone's had a chance. Time for him to be given a chance and step up, whether that's in a midfield 3, behind a striker, out on the left etc.

We need someone to get on the ball who can create. He can create.
DCL it is then.
Alli behind Richo
and 3 behind him

Hate posts like this. Played with Lloris for 7 years of course they're going to have a catch up and a laugh after the game. Result was done and dusted whether he did this or punched him. Our fans are far too obsessed with absolutely nothing on a weekly occurence.
Totally agree, in fact he should have been skipping off the pitch and setting off party poppers and high 5’ing Kane after that game with his old buddies.
Was only 90mins of football, a 5:0 mauling and perhaps the most insipid performance for several years is an irrelevance once the ref blows for full time.

Totally agree, in fact he should have been skipping off the pitch and setting off party poppers and high 5’ing Kane after that game with his old buddies.
Was only 90mins of football, a 5:0 mauling and perhaps the most insipid performance for several years is an irrelevance once the ref blows for full time.

And he was given 20 minutes to affect the outcome after it already being 5-0. Doesn't matter what a player does there's always one fan that goes completely OTT with whatever they do. It's whatever they wear, whatever they drive, do they having chewing gum in, are their shoulders slumped. Just obsessive behaviour.

And he was given 20 minutes to affect the outcome after it already being 5-0. Doesn't matter what a player does there's always one fan that goes completely OTT with whatever they do. It's whatever they wear, whatever they drive, do they having chewing gum in, are their shoulders slumped. Just obsessive behaviour.
How long he was on for has no bearing on it. Game was gone after 46mins if not earlier.
For me at least (I must be the one OTT fan) a player who is in high spirits after that performance, given the perilous position we’re in the league, tells me he’s not one bit arsed by that result.
I’d be just as annoyed at players on the bench who played no part in the game if they were laughing and joking immediately after a performance like that.

The players themselves may simply be commodities for the most part, but the clubs, leagues, media outlets, etc have made a business model out of getting people to immerse themselves in and obsess over the 'product' 24/7. Not to mention, being a hyper-dedicated fan has become a weird little cottage industry, too.

Must be great for the players when the going's good, but these things will always cut both ways.

Signing a problem player on big wages who’s done nothing for three years, hasn’t got going under any of the new managers at Spurs. I was really dubious when Frank signed him, would rather we hadn’t but assumed Frank had a plan/intel on what his issue was at Spurs and how he’d get him playing again. He sounded really confident when he signed him. Beginning to look like a hopeful punt, how could you not get into this team if you have anything about you?

Of our five January signings, only one of them is starting games the others either sit on the bench or don’t even make the match day squad. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.