2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Cottee?
Cottee was a strange one. He "hit the ground running" in the sense that he had a dream debut, but he was never really regarded as a roaring success despite scoring 99 goals for the club (72 league goals in 184 league appearances). Richarlison has 37 in 123. The side Cottee played in was, obviously, better than the one Richarlison played in, but it was a side in steep decline and, let's be honest, not that good. But the comparison of their scoring stats definitely illustrates how overrated many of our better modern day players are. Cottee is ninth in the all-time Everton scoring charts and is considered a bit of a failure. We had higher standards then.

He is like Mike Tyson had his peak early on, he has made his money and now just exists to play football until he retires.
In the spurs documentary mourinho pulled him up on not training hard enough and now conte doesent want him

Its an utter joke.

Gordon runs around the pitch and does nothing for a whole season and gets lauded as a King, yet Dele Alli gets blamed for us being in a relegation fight by playing about 40minutes.
Anthony Gordon is not one of our problems, nor is Dele.

Our main problems for me are trying to shoe horn DCL and Richarlison into the same team and Coleman and Keane being totally utterly finished as premier League players, imo

Anthony Gordon is not one of our problems, nor is Dele.

Our main problems for me are trying to shoe horn DCL and Richarlison into the same team and Coleman and Keane being totally utterly finished as premier League players, imo
Yeah I probably need to tone down my Ant Gordon campaign.

Strangely nobody was giving away CBs in January.
Did the club enquire about one? And we had cash to spend...blown on what looks like two dud FBs.

Are you telling me we couldn't have bid for a decent CB in all of world football?

Did the club enquire about one? And we had cash to spend...blown on what looks like two dud FBs.

Are you telling me we couldn't have bid for a decent CB in all of world football?
We needed fullbacks, we sold a fullback and bought 2.

We had 5 CBs, clearly nobody wanted to buy them, so yes, im saying we had no money to bid for a decent CB.

Just remind everybody who signed the 2 fullbacks Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.