Zonal or Man-To-Man

• Zonal

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Man-To-Man

Votes: 236 86.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonal can take an extremely long time to train out. It's brave and some top coaches swear by it. At the moment though, it is repeatingly punishing us!
Hilariously ironic that a lot of great teams in the BPL era were awful at defending set pieces. You may be able to chalk that down to managers picking ball-playing center halves, but I always thought it was an interesting observation.

anotheronelol.jpg

But seriously it's getting silly now.

This is utterly embarassing,3 games in a row we've conceded from the exact same thing.

Just look at the positioning again, how are we still leaving people open in the 6 yard box after already conceding twice this week alone.

280d4f0fb992f86a611e85c1f2a6703d.png

No one on the posts, Tosun beaten front post again, 2 players end up free front post, their player wide open 1 yard from goal must think he's playing sunday league defenders.

Davies marking no one, Holgate standing watching the guy 1 yard off the line, Zouma man marking our own player, only player actually doing something correct is Digne (close to the man whose in his zone) and look at the size of the guy he's marking.

It's honestly laughable.

This is utterly embarassing,3 games in a row we've conceded from the exact same thing.

Just look at the positioning again, how are we still leaving people open in the 6 yard box after already conceding twice this week alone.

280d4f0fb992f86a611e85c1f2a6703d.png

No one on the posts, Tosun beaten front post again, 2 players end up free front post, their player wide open 1 yard from goal must think he's playing sunday league defenders.

Davies marking no one, Holgate standing watching the guy 1 yard off the line, Zouma man marking our own player, only player actually doing something correct is Digne (close to the man whose in his zone) and look at the size of the guy he's marking.

It's honestly laughable.

To be fair in that situation as well I’d want my keeper bulldozing everyone out of the way to punch clear.

They should all just line up between the posts and try to block the opposition’s free header, possibly a couple of them hanging horizontally like sloths from the crossbar to block anything that goes high.

I think it’ll work, and when I’m finally Everton manager this conceding from set pieces will stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.