Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many of his big money (for the time) signings turned out to be absolute gash?
Kroldrup obviously, some would argue Beattie. I know the financial landscape has changed totally, but he didn’t go around trying to bankrupt the club by paying stupid sums of money for bang average players, a strategy which has got us nowhere.

Don’t forget, he was also shafted by Rooney on the eve of the 2005 season. Had Wayne stayed, who knows what he might have achieved?

Bily.

Scored some boss goals but he didn't know what to do with him.

Simon Davies was crap.

Van Der Meyde I suppose.

So how many of his big money (for the time) signings turned out to be absolute gash?
Kroldrup obviously, some would argue Beattie. I know the financial landscape has changed totally, but he didn’t go around trying to bankrupt the club by paying stupid sums of money for bang average players, a strategy which has got us nowhere.

Don’t forget, he was also shafted by Rooney on the eve of the 2005 season. Had Wayne stayed, who knows what he might have achieved?
Beattie was awful, actually, but don't think you can criticise the transfer too much - he had banged them in for Southampton (20+ league goals IIRC one season), it was pretty obvious he wasn't really at that elite sort of level and Moyes would have known that, but you would have expected a lot more than what we got.

Put his back into the transfer market did Davie - spent wisely because he had to. Some of the dross we've handed the Royal Blue Jersey to in the interim is just tragic like you say. Martinez being permitted to bring half of Wigan with him, Koeman pursuing Bolassie for serious money. That last one is Mike Bassett level, I've got 30 million to spend, get me Benson and Hedges. Just total bafflement.

Would we really have Moyes back?
Surely that would be a step backwards , Kendall came back and that wasn't a total success was it.
To move forward we need a brave manager , but who will also get time and patience. But that isn't very likely in the current climate.

Hasn't done a good job anywhere since he left us. Some might argue his last 2 years here had dipped too. Busted flush.

Beattie was awful, actually, but don't think you can criticise the transfer too much - he had banged them in for Southampton (20+ league goals IIRC one season), it was pretty obvious he wasn't really at that elite sort of level and Moyes would have known that, but you would have expected a lot more than what we got.

Put his back into the transfer market did Davie - spent wisely because he had to. Some of the dross we've handed the Royal Blue Jersey to in the interim is just tragic like you say. Martinez being permitted to bring half of Wigan with him, Koeman pursuing Bolassie for serious money. That last one is Mike Bassett level, I've got 30 million to spend, get me Benson and Hedges. Just total bafflement.

Beattie was the worst possible signing for the striker role that we played. Bent came before him and his job was to play up front on his own, chase down defenders and make space for others. I always thought Beattie had talent but he was a lazy oaf who could not perform in that role.

Oh aye, Davey, we all remember your reluctance to play Baines and sticking Lescott in the left back slot, sticking Osman or Arteta wide through not knowing what to do with them, and basically lucking out on formations that the crowd had been calling for for months.
Id have the dull ginger man over the spanish charlatan all day every day

Oh aye, Davey, we all remember your reluctance to play Baines and sticking Lescott in the left back slot, sticking Osman or Arteta wide through not knowing what to do with them, and basically lucking out on formations that the crowd had been calling for for months.

At the time, Baines wasn't playing well and Lescott was superb, so it was the right decision. Was also one of Yobo's best seasons too

At the time, Baines wasn't playing well and Lescott was superb, so it was the right decision. Was also one of Yobo's best seasons too

I don't think Baines was given the chance initially. Granted Lescott was doing well. It took an injury (Yobo, I think? Could be wrong) before Lescott was moved inside and Baines given a proper run. Which is all well and good, but ol Davey makes it sound like he had a seamless masterplan. Not quite Mr Moyes, not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.