Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really, we finished above them a couple of times under moyes, he was up against them under arguably their worst period in premier league history

he also bottled derbies, remember one that big greek gypo getting sent off early on when it was 0-0 and we lost, gerrard getting sent off once I think early on and we lost
Haha - I guess pretenders is the word I should have used!

Davie and Blue Bill did well out of the club. Sadly not even a cup win for the fans. Just a brainwashing exercise, little Everton the peoples club playing the big boys. We were big boys before those two clowns and agent Johnson. Gordon Lee was better than Moyes. In fact George Henry Lee was better than Moyes.

My issue with Moyes will always be that he left us with our blessing , to go to arguably the biggest club in the world, he had money and he had his pick of players from around the world from hundreds of clubs and he couldn’t just leave us alone.

He just had to come to Everton for his attempted transfers , and he had to belittle us in the media. There was absolutely no point in it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the biggest regret of his life.

It’s certainly the second most stupid thing he’s ever done, after walking into Manchester United and sacking all of their staff and appointing Chris Woods.

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!

Beautiful poem mate

Classy

...who then stayed on to stab the club in the back by tanking games and organising dressing room revolts.
I have repeatedly reported on Bainesy's and Capt Jags' perfidy.
Their cutting glory holes in the FF toilet cubicles was, imo, the straw that broke Bobby's back...

I'm very fond of good poetry. My favourite piece of verse ever, was writ on this very forum.
To wit : He's 6 foot 5 and his name's Yerri Mina
His winkle's the size of the hose on a vacuum cleaner
He gets on the lemo, with David Ospina
Ohhh, Yerri Mina

But some of the poetic pieces contributed today have also been absolutely fabulous.
What a talented bunch of folk hang out here on GOT.

So because I proved your previous post was a load of rubbish, you now turn it into a different argument.
Nice one.
Moyes won’t be coming back.

I'm not changing the argument, I'm still talking about league positions, so you point is invalid.

Point is, we finished 7th and 8th with significant amounts of money spent in the last few years. Moyes achieved that more frequently and even did better than that with no money.

Like Moyes or not he's done better than any manager we've had since.

People who say, what about his time at United?

He was there less than a year, they didn't back him to the same extent as any big name manager they've had and they also weren't as patient because he didn't have a big reputation compared to the caliber of manager they're used to.

So United, he wasn't given enough time or money, relatively.

Spain he didn't speak the language, which would have been a big issue. He was foolish to take a job in Spain.

Sunderland he wasn't given any decent money to strengthen a seriously poor squad.

Moyes had his faults, being too defensive often but he got results above the amount of money he was given to spend.

Shame we just have a lot of fans who just want to rewrite history because they think he was a k**b for how he left us, which he was.

Difference between you and me is I can see things how they were and don't need to undermine anything good someone did just because I don't like them.

Dear Davey...….Take no notice of these people asking for you to come back...they are actually Man United supporters asking you to go back to Old Trafford.Most intelligent Everton supporters don't want to see you anywhere near GP, ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.