2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads he's captained Ajax to a title and Europa League Final in the past couple of years.

There's a player in there. I reckon reasonable minds would give him a few months of Premier League football.

Maybe you're right, and you can judge a player better than Ronald Koeman and top scouts, but give him a wee bit of time first. There's no points going for the "I wrote him off first cup" you helmets.

He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

He seems a little bit ahead of some of his team mates with his passing. He's trained and played with a set of players his entire career there has to be time for learning new players styles and what he'll expect them to do and where they'll run. Vice verse players will hopefully step up to his level because if you pick the right run his intricate passing could make you look good!

Lads he's captained Ajax to a title and Europa League Final in the past couple of years.

There's a player in there. I reckon reasonable minds would give him a few months of Premier League football.

Maybe you're right, and you can judge a player better than Ronald Koeman and top scouts, but give him a wee bit of time first. There's no points going for the "I wrote him off first cup" you helmets.

But what if I can judge him better than Koeman?

Never holds onto the ball too long, very sharp and quick thinking. With other clever players and a bit of pace around him, e.g. Sigurdsson and another striker, maybe even Sandro, he'll do just fine for us.
Which can also be a problem dont you think? You need a player operating where he does to sometimes be able to hold for other to find space for a run ahead of him, or for him himself to get on the ball and carry it past opponents.

Getting rid ASAP is a feature of his player so far that many have picked up on - and I dont think it's a major positive.

He seems a little bit ahead of some of his team mates with his passing. He's trained and played with a set of players his entire career there has to be time for learning new players styles and what he'll expect them to do and where they'll run. Vice verse players will hopefully step up to his level because if you pick the right run his intricate passing could make you look good!

He has a great first touch and is able to release a pass immediately. Once his team mates start to liven up it shouldn't be a problem. Think he will be good with technically good players such as Rooney, Sandro, Gylfi and Davies.

You'd think there was a £1m prize the way some go on. I think people get genuinely upset when a player exceeds their expectations because it calls in to question their oh so great football knowledge and they get the piss taken out of them by their equally sad mates, the kinds of people who have Twitter handles such as @Robbo_Der_Brazilian_Magijian_Jones. Their whole life is football and if they're wrong about a player is massively dents their ego, so they will pick holes in good performances, taking swipes whenever they can.

The absolute state of you lot.

If there is a player in space Klaassen will find him. He knows what is around him. Last nights assist for DCL was an instant pass whereas some players would have controlled, turned and ran with the ball only to see the defence re-organise and potentially be given the chance to snuff out the threat. Nothing anyone can do with an instant pass to a player in space. He will be an asset to us this season if other players work to find space.

You'd think there was a £1m prize the way some go on. I think people get genuinely upset when a player exceeds their expectations because it calls in to question their oh so great football knowledge and they get the piss taken out of them by their equally sad mates, the kinds of people who have Twitter handles such as @Robbo_Der_Brazilian_Magijian_Jones. Their whole life is football and if they're wrong about a player is massively dents their ego, so they will pick holes in good performances, taking swipes whenever they can.

The absolute state of you lot.

Yes but I did actually write him off first and I won the thread sponsoring.

Hit me up on @KlaassenisAssen fam

If there is a player in space Klaassen will find him. He knows what is around him. Last nights assist for DCL was an instant pass whereas some players would have controlled, turned and ran with the ball only to see the defence re-organise and potentially be given the chance to snuff out the threat. Nothing anyone can do with an instant pass to a player in space. He will be an asset to us this season if other players work to find space.
Barkley would have taken more time to think and misplaced that pass .

You know what I mean orly . If Barkley could think as quick as that he'd get a lot more praise and assist like. He'd be on fire like .

But the reality is, he can - and has backed it up. Are you telling me he couldn't have made a 15 yard pass in masses of space like Klaassen last night?

It's new signing, obscure podcast regurgitating fever in here at the moment over a player who has been, at best, uncertain. The 'crap / rubbish / finished' Rooney last night dropped deep, bringing two players with him, and turned sharply and found Klaassen. That decision to drop deep and take two players with him, gasp, meant there was space for Klaassen and then a massive gap for Calvert-Lewin to run in to. Now, Lukaku wouldn't have done that, he'd have been on the shoulder of the last defender, so the pass in to him would have had to be perfect (had it got there, 100% he would have scored). But now we play differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.