David Weir the new Sheffield United manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a mystery if Moyes doesn't swoop to take him to Man U as soon as he's sacked.

But stranger things have happened, I'm still scratching my head as to why he hasn't bolstered their midfield with England International, Leon Osman.

It'll probably be part of a ruse to get Baines to OT in January - Baines on his own = 17M; Baines + best mate Ossie = 13M.

Would anyone have him as the U21 coach rather than Stubbs.
The U21's seem to be doing good so far this season, but i dont like Stubbs as a man, dont like him at all.

Would anyone have him as the U21 coach rather than Stubbs.
The U21's seem to be doing good so far this season, but i dont like Stubbs as a man, dont like him at all.

...surprised nothing internal seems to have happened since Stubbs radio admission re Baines. Its all gone quiet on that front, but wonder what Baines/Stubbs relationship is like (unless Baines asked him to let the world know).

Gutted for him, really wanted him to succeed but the table doesn't lie. I'm frankly amazed Ronnie Moore is still at Tranmere.

Gutted for him, really wanted him to succeed but the table doesn't lie. I'm frankly amazed Ronnie Moore is still at Tranmere.

Moore has earned a bit of time by what he has done there in the past. As for Weir, you cannot start a season like that, with a club of that size, in the league that they are in.

The interview must surely just had been given out of courtesy? I shudder to think where we'd be had he been appointed.

They did him a service in the end sacking him before the televised match this Sunday against Coventry. If they'd lost there, which seems likely, he'd have been humiliated by their fans for all the world to see.

I dont think he'll go back to Everton, though. Unsworth (who I think Weir released from Sheff Utd?) has his old job.

Time for Moyes to show how much he valuies Weir. He put him forward for the Everton manager's job, so surely he has to concretely back his judgement up by offering him a role at OT?

Meh, at the end of the day, he weren't offered the job. **** Kenwright off as much as you want (there's much he's done wrong) but it's looking like once AGAIN he's made the right decision in terms of manager.

Sure, I've heard people say in the past 'he only appointed Moyes because Smith said so.' Well, that's clearly proven to be bollox, as he assessed Moyes' recommendation (and I'm pretty sure he values Moyes opinion over Smith's) and decided to look elsewhere.

Meh, at the end of the day, he weren't offered the job. **** Kenwright off as much as you want (there's much he's done wrong) but it's looking like once AGAIN he's made the right decision in terms of manager.

Sure, I've heard people say in the past 'he only appointed Moyes because Smith said so.' Well, that's clearly proven to be bollox, as he assessed Moyes' recommendation (and I'm pretty sure he values Moyes opinion over Smith's) and decided to look elsewhere.

Pretty sure he said he was very close to appointing one of the internal candidates; Weir apparently.

Let's not forget that Billy Liar's first act as new owner was to extend Walter Smith's contract by another two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.