David Weir the new Sheffield United manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a drama queen. It's always good tactics to be seen to interview and praise the internal candidates. It happens all the time in most companies.

Ultimately we've no idea of the ins and outs of the recruitment process. We should just be glad it ended well. Anything else is guesswork mate.

...yep. I was chatting with somebody extremely to Weir from a football perspective and they are both convinced he got a really bum deal at Sheffield and was on the verge of turning things around. I don't truly know if that was the case, but I know he absolutely loves Everton. He's one of us and I wish him well.

...yep. I was chatting with somebody extremely to Weir from a football perspective and they are both convinced he got a really bum deal at Sheffield and was on the verge of turning things around. I don't truly know if that was the case, but I know he absolutely loves Everton. He's one of us and I wish him well.

He lost 7 and drew 2 of his last 9 games in charge, I'm not sure how he was turning it around. To be honest, he was better off out of it. He looked a complete wreck in his final interview before the sack.

Nothing against Weir (unlike Stubbs who is rightfully loathed), but it was the perfect example of the Peter Principle: promoted to a post beyond him at that stage. I think a manager's job should go to people with their qualifications and a bit of experience in the post of coach at least, not just because (in this instance) Moyes gave his blessing.

Moyes probably gave his blessing knowing Davie would fail, that would then make Moyes look like he really was the best since sliced bread.

Players have gone into management and taken a big job staright away and done fine

Dare I mention a certain Scottish fellow who did as such

I mean, we know it didn't work out for Weir, but it COULD have worked out

I wouldn't have gone for him myself for the Everton job, but was owed at least an interview

Was the club captain owed one too? On that logic if martinez goes at some point let's see what Jags has to say....

He lost 7 and drew 2 of his last 9 games in charge, I'm not sure how he was turning it around. To be honest, he was better off out of it. He looked a complete wreck in his final interview before the sack.

Nothing against Weir (unlike Stubbs who is rightfully loathed), but it was the perfect example of the Peter Principle: promoted to a post beyond him at that stage. I think a manager's job should go to people with their qualifications and a bit of experience in the post of coach at least, not just because (in this instance) Moyes gave his blessing.

It's exactly what's happened at one of the largest clubs in the world, the outgoing manager has made a baffling decision to appoint someone completely unsuitable and lacking the right experience for the job (without due process presumably as well). moyes obviously thought he could do the same to us.

If we'd appointed one of those three we'd be after another manager by now I imagine. Steve Clarke or AVB would be about to walk through the door....

Status
Not open for further replies.