David Weir the new Sheffield United manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it a strength and good for morale to interview for a job with a top half PL team a feller who had been an assistant coach for 6 months? If I'd been an Everton player and heard that I'd have been having kittens. Players said at the time they were looking for experience.

Sorry, but Kenwright was weak as **** to allow Moyes to bend him over and allow people like Weir to even be given the courtesy of an interview...and Kenwright later admitted he was impressed and came close to appointing him!!

Indefensible.

Indefensible? LOL! I'm starting to think you're just trolling Dave.

What part of they never got the job do you not grasp?

Indefensible? LOL! I'm starting to think you're just trolling Dave.

What part of they never got the job do you not grasp?

Kenwright:
“I’d seen the three lads, Stubbsy, David Weir and Phil Neville, and was so impressed by that three ... so impressed. I went through a period of several days thinking ‘I wonder, I wonder, I wonder’

*shuidders*

We were that close away. And you want to give him credit for his recruitment process?

If we'd ended up with Martinez after sifting through a stellar shortlist you might have a point to sustain.

Kenwright:
“I’d seen the three lads, Stubbsy, David Weir and Phil Neville, and was so impressed by that three ... so impressed. I went through a period of several days thinking ‘I wonder, I wonder, I wonder’

*shuidders*

We were that close away. And you want to give him credit for his recruitment process?

If we'd ended up with Martinez after sifting through a stellar shortlist you might have a point to sustain.

Like most have said Dave, it was probably good management mixed with a bit of drama mate :)

There's nothing worng with interviewing duffers so long as you pick the feller who ain't a duffer, surely?

I mean, just because he took an interview with someone isn't a reason to bash him. He picked Martinez

Maybe Weir interviews well? You never know

I dont care whether they interview well or not, the point is that Stubbs, Weir and Neville rolled into one didn't have a game's experience and yet they were part of a short-list that would have been called on if the Martinez deal had hit the buffers.

I'm afraid there's no points on offer for that lack of rigour.

Just like it was drama to go in with a balls on the table 'I'm in charge' statement and extend Smith's tenure by two seasons.

I'm not saying he's fantastic(far from it), just his balls were under one of the tables legs this time, and he had to get it right

I dont care whwther they interview well or not, the point is that Stubbs, Weir and Neville rolled into one didn't have a game's experience and yet they were part of a short-list that would have been called on if the Martinez deal had hit the buffers.

I'm afraid there's no points on offer for that lack of rigour.

Players have gone into management and taken a big job staright away and done fine

Dare I mention a certain Scottish fellow who did as such

I mean, we know it didn't work out for Weir, but it COULD have worked out

I wouldn't have gone for him myself for the Everton job, but was owed at least an interview

It's not like he gave the courtesy of an interview to every inexperienced aspiring manager out there- ONLY to those currently in the employ of the club.
And he didn't hire them.
He said they interviewed well.
I simply can not understand how you can possibly try criticize Kenwright for this when he ended up hiring Martinez?
He also gave the so called courtesy of an interview to Rangnick and Pereira! What an utter tit!
You don't need to give the man credit for anything, because we know that if you did you'd literally burst into a blinding flame and melt away in agony- but his hiring policy for managers is something you simply can not criticize him for.

Players have gone into management and taken a big job staright away and done fine

Dare I mention a certain Scottish fellow who did as such

I mean, we know it didn't work out for Weir, but it COULD have worked out

I wouldn't have gone for him myself for the Everton job, but was owed at least an interview

How was he owed an interview after being an assistant to Stubbs for 6 months as his only previous (and slight) relevant experience?

It's not like he gave the courtesy of an interview to every inexperienced aspiring manager out there- ONLY to those currently in the employ of the club.
And he didn't hire them.
He said they interviewed well.
I simply can not understand how you can possibly try criticize Kenwright for this when he ended up hiring Martinez?
He also gave the so called courtesy of an interview to Rangnick and Pereira! What an utter tit!
You don't need to give the man credit for anything, because we know that if you did you'd literally burst into a blinding flame and melt away in agony- but his hiring policy for managers is something you simply can not criticize him for.

There's not a shred of evidence from either Pereira or Kenwright that he was a runner; and Rangnick denied any link.

Kenwright:

*shuidders*

Don't be a drama queen. It's always good tactics to be seen to interview and praise the internal candidates. It happens all the time in most companies.

Ultimately we've no idea of the ins and outs of the recruitment process. We should just be glad it ended well. Anything else is guesswork mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.