David Bentley. Spurs dont want him, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueConk

Player Valuation: £70m
Just listing to the gossip on the sports news channels.
Harry Redknapp has told Bentley he wont be displacing Lennon or Modric and he is surplus...
But would he add anything to our squad if DM goes sniffing?

I'd love him at Everton, think he's a superb player. Don't think we can afford him though. We need more than one player, so can't see us spashing more than 10mil on one player this summer. Maybe a loan with option to buy.

I'd love him at Everton, think he's a superb player. Don't think we can afford him though. We need more than one player, so can't see us spashing more than 10mil on one player this summer. Maybe a loan with option to buy.

Morning Mr Dutch Toffee, good to see you on here already :)

There is no way we can afford London fees and wages for this type of over-inflated Englsh player.
However, your loan suggestion is the way to go. Is he 'better' than we've got in that position, most probably!
Do you know if he's fast by the way? I never have the impression of any pace when I watch him play.

Would definitely add technical quality to our squad in an area needing attention while he could also take some of the burden of Micky in terms of a creative outlet.

Not really the penetrating, tricky, pacey winger some have wanted but he is creative, has such a sweet deleivery, vison is great on set peices, and has a goal in him. Big question marks in terms of his consistency but i would say his tail would be.

The type of fancy Dan player i always like!

I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up at City though.

Like most of our transfer aspirations in depends on the fee.

Found a snipping of article...

Bentley's problem is that he is not getting regular starts at Spurs, mainly due to Lennon's sparkling recent form -- and Redknapp hopes he does not have to make changes to his side as they are in the hunt for a place in the Europa League.

Luka Modric has also impressed on the left so Bentley will probably be on the bench this weekend when he returns to Blackburn, who he left last summer.

Redknapp added: "It's hard for David. Aaron has been in great form. You hope that Aaron keeps playing well and the team keeps winning and I don't have to change it, I've got to be truthful.

"Modric has played fantastic for me on the left. I certainly wouldn't be leaving Luka out of my team, that is for sure.

"It's difficult but it is a nice problem when the team is playing so well and winning. I couldn't even contemplate changing it.''

He's a greasy-haired selfish ****, but if he could find his form that he had at Blackburn he would certainly be on the wishlist

He's a decent player. Don't know so much about him as an individual. People that go to Spurs are almost automatically tainted for me, they're becoming as poisonous as Newcastle.

If he plays for Spurs he probably makes at the minimum 60K+/week. Other RWs in his price range are way better such as Valencia.

I still think pace is a must outwide, I think It'd take us on to another level having someone with genuine pace. It's the one thing we lack in midfield, someone who can give us an outlet.

Bentley is a good player though, I certainly wouldn't say no. He has ability and could be very useful.

Morning Mr Dutch Toffee, good to see you on here already :)

There is no way we can afford London fees and wages for this type of over-inflated Englsh player.
However, your loan suggestion is the way to go. Is he 'better' than we've got in that position, most probably!
Do you know if he's fast by the way? I never have the impression of any pace when I watch him play.

I'm always on early. In fact it's one of the first things I do after I wake up. Don't have much time in the morning however, so only have a quick look normally.

As some on here have said that he's a bit of a melt or a 100% whopper. Don't know about that, but I do like him as a player. Certainly has the abillity to improve our first team. He doesn't come across to me as an out an out winger and also not the most pacey lad, but he would definately add something in the creative department.

Status
Not open for further replies.