Transfer Rumour Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. If he's fit, he starts.

Often forget he's capable of playing out wide too.

what kind of logic is that though, if Duncan ferguson got himself fit he'd start over Niasse or Tosun doesn't mean he should get a contract

welbeck isn't very good, injury prone, high wages and looks like Wilson from cast away so nar

what kind of logic is that though, if Duncan ferguson got himself fit he'd start over Niasse or Tosun doesn't mean he should get a contract

welbeck isn't very good, injury prone, high wages and looks like Wilson from cast away so nar

I'm not disputing that we need to aim higher to break the top six. The sides above us have the likes of Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Auba, Aguero, Firmino, Lacazette, Higuain and Jesus to call upon in that central role.

My point is, I can see why Marco would see it as a gamble worth taking.He's a striker with a point to prove, when he's fit and on form he's in the England squad on flexibility and reliability alone, irrespective of his goal record. He's had a tough time with injuries and he's still only 28, so should be at his peak. On a free, on reasonable wages, it's worth a punt.

I don't think that Welbeck would be brought in as a starter and would fully expect others to come in alongside him up top.

I'm not disputing that we need to aim higher to break the top six. The sides above us have the likes of Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Auba, Aguero, Firmino, Lacazette, Higuain and Jesus to call upon in that central role.

My point is, I can see why Marco would see it as a gamble worth taking.He's a striker with a point to prove, when he's fit and on form he's in the England squad on flexibility and reliability alone, irrespective of his goal record. He's had a tough time with injuries and he's still only 28, so should be at his peak. On a free, on reasonable wages, it's worth a punt.

I don't think that Welbeck would be brought in as a starter and would fully expect others to come in alongside him up top.

I don't think he is a gamble worth taking though

he's to injury prone and on to much wages, and above all he's not even that good when fit, a gamble for someone so injury prone on high wages would have to be excellent when fit, welbeck certainly isn't

Unpopular opinion but if he managed to stay fit he'd be a decent option. Better than Tosun and Niasse, that's for sure.

Don’t think many would doubt he’s better than those 2 mate... just surely we can find someone who is better than them, with lower wage demands and isn’t made of glass.

The thing is though, he's a very similar type of player to DCL, who we already have. I'm not sure he really offers us anything we don't have, so it would seem a pointless signing to me. He's not a bad player, I agree, and when we had Lukaku I think he'd have been a very good player to have as a partner/option. We're not short of a mobile, hardworking, decent footballer who doesn't score much though, so it doesn't seem a wise move to me.

Unpopular opinion but if he managed to stay fit he'd be a decent option. Better than Tosun and Niasse, that's for sure.
The thing is he doesn't stay fit and he is 30 so that won't improve, also that fact that he is better than tosun and Niasse is not an endorsement, we need to move up a few levels than the 3 of them.

Just what Everton really need when they still have a major goal scoring problem to sort out. Another overpaid and over-rated forward with a poor goal scoring record. 42 premier league goals in 10 years or 216 matches to his name ffs. Has never even hit double figures in a season.

Please let this rumour not be true

Don't Everton me please Everton.

Depends on two things really

How much we'll pay him in wages and whether he can stay fit

If he's on reasonably low wages and stays healthy, he'll be okay as a back up option off the bench (Essentially replacing Niasse and Tosun)

If he wants a healthy wedge then we should swerve IMO. He's not worth a significant bite into the wage bill, especially when the whole point of this summers window is to get rid of the players we aren't using to free up space on the wage bill so we can sign better players without breaching FFP

Status
Not open for further replies.