Transfer Rumour Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be real, goes against pretty much everything we've seen from Brands with regards to the sort of players we want to go for.

I hope this is a story floated by his agents.

I've always liked him as a character, he comes across as a decent guy and a good pro.

I think he's quite limited as a player, beyond having a good engine and work rate he's not that great on the ball. Once his legs start to go he's unlikely to contribute much in my view.

His injury record isn't his fault, but it's also enough to make his signing a huge risk, even on a free given that the wages he'd want are significant.

He's basically the kind of player that if he comes up through the youth system you are happy to keep hold of, unless someone offers you £16m. Good character in the dressing room, can play in several positions, which is very useful and crucially won't throw a hissy fit if asked to do so because he's not a massive ego on legs. Someone who can rotate / sub or start depending on the opposition and who won't cost the highest wages.

He's not the kind of player that at 28 you want your club signing on a long term lucrative contract.

I hope this is a story floated by his agents.

I've always liked him as a character, he comes across as a decent guy and a good pro.

I think he's quite limited as a player, beyond having a good engine and work rate he's not that great on the ball. Once his legs start to go he's unlikely to contribute much in my view.

His injury record isn't his fault, but it's also enough to make his signing a huge risk, even on a free given that the wages he'd want are significant.

He's basically the kind of player that if he comes up through the youth system you are happy to keep hold of, unless someone offers you £16m. Good character in the dressing room, can play in several positions, which is very useful and crucially won't throw a hissy fit if asked to do so because he's not a massive ego on legs. Someone who can rotate / sub or start depending on the opposition and who won't cost the highest wages.

He's not the kind of player that at 28 you want your club signing on a long term lucrative contract.

Take him on a Pay as You Play. lol

All joking aside, if we’re trying to compete with those above us, then we need to be completely swerving the players they are releasing, and be focussing on players who will make us better than them.

And no, that doesn’t mean I’m saying sign Messi, although after his recent bottle job at Anfield, I think he’d probably be the perfect fit for us lol

If he could stay fit he’d be really good for us. I’m convinced of that. He’s rapid, works hard, decent finisher - his goals per minute record and record for England shows that.

He just can’t be trusted to stay fit so he’s not worth buying.

Hopefully true

Yes ... another club in for him which hopefully drives his wage demands higher than brands will ever pay. This is Everton tho so this will probably be the first time I’m in my life time when we beat 12 other clubs to sign a player

I take all the comments already made about injuries, goal-scoring record etc. But on a two-year heavily performance related contract and the acknowledgement that he’d predominantly be a sub behind Bernard and Richarlison, I don’t think it would be a terrible deal.

It also gives DCL the space to improve but with some competition that is closer in style to what Silva needs than Tosun. There would likely be some profit to be made after two years. And it allows us to focus funds on the more important central midfield position.

Not the star signing we’d all like, but were not City or PSG. We have to get more realistic in some areas of the pitch for this summer and I could see this one being an area where business sense prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.