Transfer Rumour Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 29 this year and hasn’t had an injury free season since he was a prospect.

There’s no ‘IF’ about it.
He’s a perennial crock. And not a very good player when he’s fit either.

Tosun may be poor, but I’d have him over Welbeck any day of the week.
He’s that bad.

Thats the point really. Its one thing to sign a player who then gets broken early on, its an entirely different scenario committing ££££ to a known sick note.

You can argue the toss if he is any good, fact is, his injury record isnt.

Do the tabloids have some kind of bingo hopper where they pull the balls out and make a nonsense story out of them? “And out of the washed up former stars at Sky clubs bin we have... Danny Welbeck! And out of the clubs we think are stupid enough to sign him bin we have... Everton! OK, who’s writing this one?”

Do the tabloids have some kind of bingo hopper where they pull the balls out and make a nonsense story out of them? “And out of the washed up former stars at Sky clubs bin we have... Danny Welbeck! And out of the clubs we think are stupid enough to sign him bin we have... Everton! OK, who’s writing this one?”

Not far off. Lob in the potent mix of agents making noises, players as well, social media and a plethora of random Transfer News facebook/Twitter sites, all they have to do to fill some column inches is pick a few stories, pad them out with crap, and there you have it.

Then the BBC Sport Gossip page repeats them all. Over all hit rate? 2% at best.

The fact that I would MUCH rather have Walcott than Welbeck is saying something...

Just to clarify, I desperately don't want either...

This having a thread is a smack to the face of Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.