Current non match goers, will you get a ST in the new stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll certainly be getting a season ticket at the new stadium, but I have one at present.

However, my three sons haven't had season tickets for years and hardly ever go the match now, but they want season tickets at the new stadium.

Also, my two closest mates intend on getting season tickets at the new stadium, despite the fact that they've only been to a handful of matches since the early 1990s.

New stadia almost always attract new fans, or old fans in this case.

700 + mile round trip so no
The reason we've sold all season tickets is because people want to go and the scarsety of available tickets on a matchday
Depends how successful this new era is
Just hope stub hub isn't awash with tickets every home game

I'm on the waiting list for the 2018/2019 season and my uncle has just moved back to the city after 10 years in London so that's two more STH hopefully.

It's a fair question to ask where the extra 10-20k people are going to come from though eh? I mean unless you think the new stadium should be 40k and building a new stadium with better sight lines, better amenities, and easier access won't or shouldn't draw new supporters?

Every single ticket sold now even with abysmal facilities (thinking esp the back of the St End and Lower Bullens) and there's still people wanting to get in.

Let's say the 9k on the waiting list do follow up their interest plus 5k corp that leaves just 6k to fill for a 60k stadium. Now add in the best location transport wise for an EFC stadium, vastly superior facilities, no obstructed views, the new stadium bounce (which I think is typically 20% or so), possible new ticketing campaigns/ranges and it's not unreasonable to expect capacity crowds.

I've already had this discussion with two of my brothers. Both former season ticket holders and both mow living out of town...and both gong to get season tickets again.
Crap parking, crap views and crap food were the main reasons they stopped going.
Is the food at a footy ground really part of the reason your brother's don't go anymore ?
Amazed at that.
Not being funny or anything, but genuinely amazed.

Is the food at a footy ground really part of the reason your brother's don't go anymore ?
Amazed at that.
Not being funny or anything, but genuinely amazed.
Just one of the many reasons they quoted. It does seem trivial I know, but add it all up, it can take away the shine, especially what it costs to go the match these days.

If the new stadium is put by the west gate center in Oxford... I will deffo get a Season ticket... As it stands, That possibility is (so far) nil so no, the travel alone kills me.. Let alone the beer tokens. There was me thinking everton were a peoples club... Pfffft.

2 season tickets here, my son and I, Travel over from Lincoln every home game. With Goodison park, I've got a reliable parking space and 15 minute walk to the ground, I leave home at 11 and am back at half 7 in the evening. I wonder if the move to BMD will make it more difficult for me to get in and out of the city and add time to my already long day...

I have a ST and will definitely get one for new stadium, but I can't get any of my kids one as they all sold out unfortunately. I imagine everyone will keep there ST until we move ground.
So the struggle is keeping my kids interest for 5 years without getting to go the game, by the time we move ground they will be late teens and probably wont want one.

I think you are just seeing this from your own point of view here mate, there can be lots of reasons behind peoples choices.

I would love to get a season ticket for the last year at Goodison too, but now there is a waiting list and even if you are one of the lucky ones to get a seat it will likely have a poor view I would guess that would put a lot of people off. For me to go to a game takes up a full day of travelling so I would not pay 500+ pounds to see part of the pitch.

When we get a new ground least all the seats will have a good view and make it worth the time and money. It's not about the new facilities as such as I would happily be at Goodison, just about being able to see the game.

I live in Dublin and I've booked flights too many times only for Sky to change the fixtures.
I'll book a couple of flights for the first few games that are confirmed.
At times I've booked flights then match day is changed and I've had to book another return flight and a hotel.
Can work out very expensive
Ryanair put flight prices up on match days wether it's us or the RS
I've often had to fly to Manchester and get a train to Liverpool

don't get why a new stadium not to far away would make people want to start going again, it's obviously nicer and that being in a better stadium but still watching the same team every other week ( obviously not counting the restricted views )

don't get why a new stadium not to far away would make people want to start going again, it's obviously nicer and that being in a better stadium but still watching the same team every other week ( obviously not counting the restricted views )
If you've ever sat in some of the really bad obstructed view seats you would understand.
You can only watch 2/3 of the game and it's cost me 400/500 Euro to do that

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.