Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are by far the best of the relegation contenders, yet they lie on 4 points after the horrific start with De Boer at the helm. I am worried about this game. We shouldn't lose it, but it is a trap fixture for sure.

Don't understand his apparent disdain for Vlasic . He has been impressive since he came here. To not even have him on the bench is a massive mistake for me. He has been far more effective this season than the woefully out of form Davies for instance.
You really think that he would not play an "impressive" player just because he "has an apparent disdain" (whatever that means in footballing terms) for him? I think you need to rethink what really happens in football management. Feelings don't come into it, what the manager sees the player produce in training is what convinces him to pick that man for the game.

Last week I dreamt Gueye was sent off in this fixture for a second bookable offence because he took a throw in from the wrong place - by a mere two yards...

Palace have had a couple of decent results lately and played well away at Spurs. I don't expect this to be an easy game, and it seems almost inevitable that we will concede goals at the moment.

Anyway, positive thoughts are more powerful than negative ones so I will go with a 2-1 victory for us. Gueye and Calvert-Lewin to score.

You really think that he would not play an "impressive" player just because he "has an apparent disdain" (whatever that means in footballing terms) for him? I think you need to rethink what really happens in football management. Feelings don't come into it, what the manager sees the player produce in training is what convinces him to pick that man for the game.
Well going on what this player was producing on the pitch for the first team ,this manager is clearly a poor judge of what it takes to be a first team player. Which going by the results and performances to date is unsurprising.

Pickford
Keane-Williams-Jagielka
Lennon-Gana-Morgan-Baines
Gylfi
DCL-Rooney

It's 3-4-1-2 on attack and 5-3-2 when defending, have width, and enough presence up top.

Zaha is a handful, need to double up on him, but with a full back and one of the center back in a back four, Benteke will not be sufficiently covered. I'd rather have Williams than Holgate to mark Benteke.

Davies is a ball winner and full of energy, however, playing with 3 at the back with only 1 player covering each wing, 2 DM would provide more cover for counter attack. Morgan or Davies is for me still the best option to pair with Gana in central midfield.

Vlasic and Lookman don''t seem to defend, so Lennon for me on the right wing.

Instruction for Rooney is simple, don't you dare to even think about defending, just concentrate on not being offside.

Pickford
Keane-Williams-Jagielka
Gylfi
DCL-Rooney

It's 3-4-1-2 on attack and 5-3-2 when defending, have width, and enough presence up top.

Zaha is a handful, need to double up on him, but with a full back and one of the center back in a back four, Benteke will not be sufficiently covered. I'd rather have Williams than Holgate to mark Benteke.

Davies is a ball winner and full of energy, however, playing with 3 at the back with only 1 player covering each wing, 2 DM would provide more cover for counter attack. Morgan or Davies is for me still the best option to pair with Gana in central midfield.

Instruction for Rooney is simple, don't you dare to even think about defending, just concentrate on not being offside.

if that's the team then I wouldn't bother watching

Pickford
Keane-Williams-Jagielka
Gylfi
DCL-Rooney

Ermmm. Are we playing Palace or Barcelona mate?. We'll be camped outside our penalty box with that set up and no pace to break out.

if that's the team then I wouldn't bother watching

That is pretty much the team that got a point against City, the only team managed to do so this season, with Holgate instead of Lennon and Davis for 60 min before replaced by Gylfi.

Palace played well against Spuds but got beat. I don’t think they know how to get results. We are crap though so who knows. Benteke back in will be a worry for whatever pair of centre halfs Unsworth goes with. Zaha on his day (which is a rarity, so watch him tear us apart) is unplayable.
Got to go with pace and directness, Lookman to come on at some point with Vlasic at 10 or on the left side.

was at this game last season thanks to @4737carlin who sent me the ticket ,which never arrived, got snagged in Canadian customs ,how it went over there I can't work out , arrived finally around late Feb.Thankfully he got on the phone and somehow managed to get a replacement ticket to selhurst park for me to collect at the ground when I flew into London.
I can't imagine today's encounter will be as stressful as all that commotion , 2-1 to the toffees , I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.