Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not so much the point that’s negged me out. Although bottom, Palace have turned a bit of a corner and have far better footballers than their league position would suggest. It’s another poor performance from us, yeah we ran around a bit and the young lads had a go, but we were fortunate again and so sloppy with the ball. Too many of our senior players are creating issues, not concentrating, and just generally being dreadful.

I’m still not going after Unsworth though, this was always going to be tough.

For anyone interested in this stuff, this tells the whole story. No focal point, passes going nowhere, and poorly performing central midfield.

Third most likely to be involved in a chance created: Pickford!
DO7izXFX0AEjuix

It’s not so much the point that’s negged me out. Although bottom, Palace have turned a bit of a corner and have far better footballers than their league position would suggest. It’s another poor performance from us, yeah we ran around a bit and the young lads had a go, but we were fortunate again and so sloppy with the ball. Too many of our senior players are creating issues, not concentrating, and just generally being dreadful.

I’m still not going after Unsworth though, this was always going to be tough.

The all round play was horrific. We were better in the second half because we had Davies kicking them. I don't think this team is capable of good football. There's just no stand out players capable of quality.

Maybe if you had Barkley and Coleman in there it would make a difference but that's not happening any time soon.

Well if you think a high paid top foreign manager can get us out of trouble with that squad after we sacked one with that squad fair dos?
No offence but we are in a relegation battle with no back up left back, poor centre backs, too may no 10s and an inexperienced strike force!
Not saying let Unsworth keep the job , but see the time out till January?
It's dogs of war performances we need!

Again. Literally all I said was I hope we have a new manager in place early next week. Nothing more. Nothing about him being foreign or british, nothing about us being in deep doo doo....

But for the record, no, Unsworth shouldn't have hte job "just until January". I'd rather us sort it out and now and give the new manager who ever that may be to access and then purchaseplayers they feel will do the job.

Whether it should be Unsworth is up for debate, either way, shouldn't be "oh hes here for a month until we find someone we like".

Again. Literally all I said was I hope we have a new manager in place early next week. Nothing more. Nothing about him being foreign or british, nothing about us being in deep doo doo....

But for the record, no, Unsworth shouldn't have hte job "just until January". I'd rather us sort it out and now and give the new manager who ever that may be to access and then purchaseplayers they feel will do the job.

Whether it should be Unsworth is up for debate, either way, shouldn't be "oh hes here for a month until we find someone we like".
The delay is concerning, but maybe getting hurt financially by Koeman the Board are dragging their feet - it's dogs of war football till January with our current squad - Unsworth I feel will only be a temporary manager if he can pick up points here and there for us till when ever then it's better than diving in and getting the wrong manager!
The new manager then can replenish the positions we need in the new year;)

i dont particularly want to start a topic about it but what will it take for us to actually start playing good football

PLAYING GOOD FOOTBALL:-

I call this the liverpool dilemma

a couple of weeks ago liverpool were dominating teams but they weren't winning many games, i think they drew about 3 or 4 in a row

BUT

they were playing good football and were just not taking their chances

some of the stats were ridiculous like 22 shots to 4 and they would only draw 1-1 or 2-2

NOW

we are the opposite

we are playing bad football

we can't really string a couple of passes together without someone making a mistake

we look scared in possession

we sit back and invite the pressure

the defensive line is so deep that adele is about to rewrite her song to everton in the deep

CONFIDENCE

is it confidence?

to me confidence is being used as just a scapegoat word

you can spout it out and say the players are not confident

well surely at this level you can recruit psychologists or something to sort that out?

if you lose a game surely you just take it on the chin and move onto the next match and try and perform better. surely you analyse the match and work out what went wrong. surely you work on the pro's and con's so you can learn for next time.

i mean after all you are getting paid a lot of money to kick a ball, its not like you've just failed your GCSE's or A-Levels and your worried about your future how can these players be unconfident?

2 DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS

why?

we have the worst defence so it clearly doesn't work

why do we persist with this?

look at city away to leicester today, they played a 4-3-3 with fernandinho the only holding midfielder and david silva and de bruyne with the freedome to move forward in midfield

why do we play such a negative formation with 2 defensive mids

POSESSIONS

why are we so poor in possession.

31% today against a side who were bottom with 4 points before kick

4 points from 11 games yet they battered us with possession

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?

i dont particularly want to start a topic about it but what will it take for us to actually start playing good football

PLAYING GOOD FOOTBALL:-

I call this the liverpool dilemma

a couple of weeks ago liverpool were dominating teams but they weren't winning many games, i think they drew about 3 or 4 in a row

BUT

they were playing good football and were just not taking their chances

some of the stats were ridiculous like 22 shots to 4 and they would only draw 1-1 or 2-2

NOW

we are the opposite

we are playing bad football

we can't really string a couple of passes together without someone making a mistake

we look scared in possession

we sit back and invite the pressure

the defensive line is so deep that adele is about to rewrite her song to everton in the deep

CONFIDENCE

is it confidence?

to me confidence is being used as just a scapegoat word

you can spout it out and say the players are not confident

well surely at this level you can recruit psychologists or something to sort that out?

if you lose a game surely you just take it on the chin and move onto the next match and try and perform better. surely you analyse the match and work out what went wrong. surely you work on the pro's and con's so you can learn for next time.

i mean after all you are getting paid a lot of money to kick a ball, its not like you've just failed your GCSE's or A-Levels and your worried about your future how can these players be unconfident?

2 DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS

why?

we have the worst defence so it clearly doesn't work

why do we persist with this?

look at city away to leicester today, they played a 4-3-3 with fernandinho the only holding midfielder and david silva and de bruyne with the freedome to move forward in midfield

why do we play such a negative formation with 2 defensive mids

POSESSIONS

why are we so poor in possession.

31% today against a side who were bottom with 4 points before kick

4 points from 11 games yet they battered us with possession

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?
Lad?

the fact is we are in a relegation fight and any point away from home is decent, we are at the start of a very big rebuilding job, the only way we are going to get any form is to pick up points here and there and slowly re build our confidence, not what we expected from Moshiris Everton at the start of the season but here we are.
Forget about us competing at the top of English football for the moment because unless we get some spectacular takeover from Usmanov or the like we are destined for mid table mediocrity and the odd cup run. The Moshiri investment has backfired on us massively as I believe it raised our hopes unrealistically and has caused us to self destruct. The people at the very top of the club should take some responsibility for that but no point in worrying about it because we cant change it.
What was important today was that we showed some fight and battled and we did second half, stood off them too much first half and at the end of the day we were lucky to get a point but it is a point I will take.
Kudos to Niasse for his attitude and work rate which got both our goals and also to Jonjoe Kenny who had an exceptional game against a tough opponent.
I remember being at Villa the first game after Moshiri had "invested" and our fans singing "were effing rich" truth is we aren't, and we kind of let it go to our heads, time for us to forget about challenging again and just go to the match and try and enjoy the odd win against the top teams.
a great away point at the likes of Palace has been where we are for a very long time.

I know what you're saying mate, and I agree with most of it, but after spending £140m in the Summer, playing against the bottom placed team who have only won one game all season (I know we've also been gash) and who also had 69% possession in yesterdays game, shouldn't be classed (as the lad said coming out of the game yesterday) as a "Great away point"

I despise our midfield. No composure, no discipline, no one looking the ball, aimless undercut square balls. There is no blend, they are all crap.
Your right, we complain about not having a striker and our defence being gash, but our midfielders are just as terrible.
They all seem to hide from getting the ball and only play sqaure balls.
For some reason gueye always ends up being the most advanced midfielder at times when he's awfull at that, attacking and creating is not his game.

Hoofball would probabily be more successfull for us now to try and avoid that terrible midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.