Match Thread Crystal Palace vs Everton, 18/11/2017. KO @ 3pm GMT.

Who will be less crap on the day?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps.
We have conceded at least 2 goals in all 5 games he has been in charge of.
If that does not improve we are In trouble.
And before people mention the players Burnley are keeping clean sheets with Lowton, mee, tarkowski and ward..
Not sayin dyche should get it.
But keepin clean sheets is crucial

In fairness Dyche has had 4/5 years to build a team and get them drilled. Unsworth has had a month to work with what he's given.

Two points lost, should have won this game. Poor team selection and tactics. Unsy seems to follow in the RK. Clearly he is not the replacement we want or need.

Get the point the new manager will either have to play or have a mGic wand with that squad - changing Unsworth ATM will be a disaster!

I think you quoted my first post by mistake 'mate'.

I use the word 'mate' looseley as someone who says "get the point" like that, isn't pleasant.

I think you quoted my first post by mistake 'mate'.

I use the word 'mate' looseley as someone who says "get the point" like that, isn't pleasant.
Well if you think a high paid top foreign manager can get us out of trouble with that squad after we sacked one with that squad fair dos?
No offence but we are in a relegation battle with no back up left back, poor centre backs, too may no 10s and an inexperienced strike force!
Not saying let Unsworth keep the job , but see the time out till January?
It's dogs of war performances we need!

1st 10 seconds of the game pass back from K.O deent posession at the back, no press from palace bar the 1 man closing the ball, panic give it back to keeper to launch straight down Dann's throat and they are straight into us from minute 1. Just hold the ball for a couple of seconds you cowards.

Coming out of the ground today, heard some lad say something that sums up the mentality of our season, he said "That's a great away point" Sigh.......
the fact is we are in a relegation fight and any point away from home is decent, we are at the start of a very big rebuilding job, the only way we are going to get any form is to pick up points here and there and slowly re build our confidence, not what we expected from Moshiris Everton at the start of the season but here we are.
Forget about us competing at the top of English football for the moment because unless we get some spectacular takeover from Usmanov or the like we are destined for mid table mediocrity and the odd cup run. The Moshiri investment has backfired on us massively as I believe it raised our hopes unrealistically and has caused us to self destruct. The people at the very top of the club should take some responsibility for that but no point in worrying about it because we cant change it.
What was important today was that we showed some fight and battled and we did second half, stood off them too much first half and at the end of the day we were lucky to get a point but it is a point I will take.
Kudos to Niasse for his attitude and work rate which got both our goals and also to Jonjoe Kenny who had an exceptional game against a tough opponent.
I remember being at Villa the first game after Moshiri had "invested" and our fans singing "were effing rich" truth is we aren't, and we kind of let it go to our heads, time for us to forget about challenging again and just go to the match and try and enjoy the odd win against the top teams.
a great away point at the likes of Palace has been where we are for a very long time.

when I look at the bigger picture yes today was an acceptable point.
Isn't that the issue though?

In no circumstances should we accept a point away to the bottom team. We shouldn't in any circumstances but certainly when we are throwing money around just a few months ago.

The fans are accepting mediocrity. To walk away today and go 'all things considered that was a good point'. Why was it exactly ? Did it take us further away from relegation? No. Did it prove we are improving each week? Not at all. Did it show we are at least improving on our biggest weakness? No, still leaking goals.

Because that's perspective here. We walk away 0-0 today and that is a well earned point. Because what that tells us is that we have stopped leaking at least 2 goals a game and have actually looked to improve where we are weakest. 2-2 with lucky goals again tells me we are no better off than we were 3 weeks ago against Leicester and we were fortunate it was only the bottom of the league we were playing.

This isn't me being negative, this is realism. I don't buy into every little thing and turn it into a positive forgetting all the detials. It may make me a pessimistic tit right now I'll own up to. But what I want to see is improvement , and that isn't there again. We are still nowhere near pulling ourself out of danger and there still isn't a glimmer of hope for me that we can whilst we have to still score 3 times just to win a game.

I just don't buy into it, and using the team as an excuse is not good enough because we do have talent there and the defence is experienced if nothing else, no excuse for them not being able to defend for at least the first minute of the game now, just not good enough

Isn't that the issue though?

In no circumstances should we accept a point away to the bottom team. We shouldn't in any circumstances but certainly when we are throwing money around just a few months ago.

The fans are accepting mediocrity. To walk away today and go 'all things considered that was a good point'. Why was it exactly ? Did it take us further away from relegation? No. Did it prove we are improving each week? Not at all. Did it show we are at least improving on our biggest weakness? No, still leaking goals.

Because that's perspective here. We walk away 0-0 today and that is a well earned point. Because what that tells us is that we have stopped leaking at least 2 goals a game and have actually looked to improve where we are weakest. 2-2 with lucky goals again tells me we are no better off than we were 3 weeks ago against Leicester and we were fortunate it was only the bottom of the league we were playing.

This isn't me being negative, this is realism. I don't buy into every little thing and turn it into a positive forgetting all the detials. It may make me a pessimistic tit right now I'll own up to. But what I want to see is improvement , and that isn't there again. We are still nowhere near pulling ourself out of danger and there still isn't a glimmer of hope for me that we can whilst we have to still score 3 times just to win a game.

I just don't buy into it, and using the team as an excuse is not good enough because we do have talent there and the defence is experienced if nothing else, no excuse for them not being able to defend for at least the first minute of the game now, just not good enough

I'm getting tired mate so I won't make a long reply. You have some good points in not talking about we should accept mediocrity, we have no manager a team playing all out of sorts and of and on the field things. We need a new manager followed by a January were we need new players who will come right into the team. So start of with the first one and go from there so a point " away from home " is a point mate considering what's been happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.