Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people whinging about yesterday's penalty decision are the football pundits (gives them something to talk about). And the opposing managers.
The Palace managers wee outburst was just what managers do. Bet he wouldn't have seen anything or have had much to say if that decision had gone to his team. That's what managers do. And what about Mourinio today. Looked fit to burst..........But would have seen nothing if that decision had gone his way.

This handball rule is now a nonsense. Most handball decisions are now going to be challenged. We got the penalty yesterday (and rightly so imo ). But no doubt a dodgy decision will be awarded against us soon enough. Let's hope that when that decision does happen that we are three or four goals up.

Anyhow..........once more from me........let's rock and roll........beat WHU and Brighton. Beat them convincingly (hopefully). But if not I'll settle for a few dodgy penalties. Win the matches......... Why not........it's dog eat dog in the football world ( look at Maguires behaviour yesterday).
Take what comes your way.....
This is all about winning football matches. With flowing beautiful football if we can.
But let's take our penalties when we get them..........I've a feeling that we won't get that many. Up The Toffees.........

The only people whinging about yesterday's penalty decision are the football pundits (gives them something to talk about). And the opposing managers.
The Palace managers wee outburst was just what managers do. Bet he wouldn't have seen anything or have had much to say if that decision had gone to his team. That's what managers do. And what about Mourinio today. Looked fit to burst..........But would have seen nothing if that decision had gone his way.

This handball rule is now a nonsense. Most handball decisions are now going to be challenged. We got the penalty yesterday (and rightly so imo ). But no doubt a dodgy decision will be awarded against us soon enough. Let's hope that when that decision does happen that we are three or four goals up.

Anyhow..........once more from me........let's rock and roll........beat WHU and Brighton. Beat them convincingly (hopefully). But if not I'll settle for a few dodgy penalties. Win the matches......... Why not........it's dog eat dog in the football world ( look at Maguires behaviour yesterday).
Take what comes your way.....
This is all about winning football matches. With flowing beautiful football if we can.
But let's take our penalties when we get them..........I've a feeling that we won't get that many. Up The Toffees.........
I agree I think they were hard done by but the biggest gaffe of the day was Chelsea’s 3rd goal the ball hits his arm accidentally off his body. But it’s up to his body to control the ball to avoid that. Then the statement read that if he scored directly from that handball then the goal would have been disalllowed. Handball is handball whether from a goal or assist. But they are chasing us about a decision which went are way but in slow motion looks like it incriminates the palace player. You could not make it up.

Can people stop saying it wasn’t a pen etc. All the years we’ve had them given against us it’s about time!
Yes, but that's not the point. I've watched the handball decision against Dier in 90 odd minutes that changed a result. The interpretation was absolutely crazy.

Something will be done about it eventually, so why wait and allow it to keep happening? We got 3 points and I'll take them, but wait until Everton is a victim of it and then see how we feel.

I've heard everything now.
Mark Halsey ex referee, has just been on radio and said that Digne deliberately aimed his header onto the defender's arm in an attempt to win the penalty.

Yes, but that's not the point. I've watched the handball decision against Dier in 90 odd minutes that changed a result. The interpretation was absolutely crazy.

Something will be done about it eventually, so why wait and allow it to keep happening? We got 3 points and I'll take them, but wait until Everton is a victim of it and then see how we feel.

I’m happy we got it but it still wasn’t a pen.

We got it we won end of ;)

I've heard everything now.
Mark Halsey ex referee, has just been on radio and said that Digne deliberately aimed his header onto the defender's arm in an attempt to win the penalty.

I hope he did, shows what a farce the rules are. Hope they change them to common sense before the end of the transfer window.

Not going to happen. Got this from a good source, all Everton player's arms are being removed this afternoon.

"As a way of appeasing the Goodison faithful, reducing the amount of boos (canned boos at present) and reducing the impact we have on the environment by preventing mass bedwetting and the subsequent washing of bedding, I am personally developing robotic terminator type arms. To expedite manufacture, we will go ahead with amputating all outfield player's arms as an added incentive to the R&D team. Every days delay will result in many of the players saying "hey google/siri, call terminator arms dept'" and logging a complaint. As an ISO 9001 accredited company, complaints like this burden the management system with individual logs onto the company action tracker. Nobody here needs that kind of paperwork!

Further to this, we will be employing a similar system for Jordan, with his replacement arms being half a metre longer, bringing them in line with a 'normal' persons arm length, thus preventing the usual sky pundits complaining about unfair advantages. We may also integrate a small neural chip, directly into his brain which will prevent him unintentionally ballsing things up and ultimately reduce "Everton that" reverberating through the GOT forums, again helping the environment by being able to reduce the server size and associated power usage".

- Miles Dyson (Head of Skynet, Cyberdyne Systems), 28/09/2020.

giphy.gif

Not going to happen. Got this from a good source, all Everton player's arms are being removed this afternoon.

"As a way of appeasing the Goodison faithful, reducing the amount of boos (canned boos at present) and reducing the impact we have on the environment by preventing mass bedwetting and the subsequent washing of bedding, I am personally developing robotic terminator type arms. To expedite manufacture, we will go ahead with amputating all outfield player's arms as an added incentive to the R&D team. Every days delay will result in many of the players saying "hey google/siri, call terminator arms dept'" and logging a complaint. As an ISO 9001 accredited company, complaints like this burden the management system with individual logs onto the company action tracker. Nobody here needs that kind of paperwork!

Further to this, we will be employing a similar system for Jordan, with his replacement arms being half a metre longer, bringing them in line with a 'normal' persons arm length, thus preventing the usual sky pundits complaining about unfair advantages. We may also integrate a small neural chip, directly into his brain which will prevent him unintentionally ballsing things up and ultimately reduce "Everton that" reverberating through the GOT forums, again helping the environment by being able to reduce the server size and associated power usage".

- Miles Dyson (Head of Skynet, Cyberdyne Systems), 28/09/2020.

giphy.gif

Cheers for that, just spent 40 minutes reading about Terminator lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.