Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s it. A lot of sour grapes over that penalty decision yesterday and now people proper questioning the rules and what not, yet last week and the penalties that have been given in the same manor this season not a peep.
I think both werent handball personally but you absolutely can't have it one way and not the other like Hodgsons trying to.

I think the rules do need changing though mate - anything not deliberate for me shouldn't be penalised - like that goal against Utd getting chalked off because Siggurdsson was sat on the floor - whats he meant to do!
The worst thing about that decision was by the letter of the law if you want to give offside, fine. Go for it. But why was he there in the first place, oh yeah, he got absolutely clattered after shooting.

That was either a goal or a penalty to us, they were the only correct decisions there.

I think both werent handball personally but you absolutely can't have it one way and not the other like Hodgsons trying to.

I love how everyone is split on this.

In my eyes if that’s given against us I don’t really have any complaints. It hits his hand it’s handball.

I just find the whole “let’s be outraged by it now” from certain pundits and section of the media laughable given those types of penalties have been given already this season and no outrage. It’s almost like there’s an agenda going on.

In my eyes if that’s given against us I don’t really have any complaints. It hits his hand it’s handball.

I just find the whole “let’s be outraged by it now” from certain pundits and section of the media laughable given those types of penalties have been given already this season and no outrage. It’s almost like there’s an agenda going on.
My problem with near enough every refereeing decision is simple, I'm not particularly arsed what you give but be consistent with it.

Thats the problem with refereeing, there is absolutely no consistency from week to week.

If they are determined to give that as handball every week then that's fine with me.

CP just played for set pieces really and we defended them well for the most part. They lack any creativity if Zaha is having an off day, very limited side. Kind of team that would suit Allerdyce if Roy retired today. Really should have imposed ourselves more in the second half but we dug in and got the points where many top sides will struggle this season.

My problem with near enough every refereeing decision is simple, I'm not particularly arsed what you give but be consistent with it.

Thats the problem with refereeing, there is absolutely no consistency from week to week.

If they are determined to give that as handball every week then that's fine with me.

They definitely need to be consistent with penalty incidents, needs to be black and white. Even if you don’t necessarily agree with the incident yesterday, if they’re going to give them then you then have to say in the future any ball to hand incidents similar to that should be given. IMO I don’t see a problem with them being given.

CP just played for set pieces really and we defended them well for the most part. They lack any creativity if Zaha is having an off day, very limited side. Kind of team that would suit Allerdyce if Roy retired today. Really should have imposed ourselves more in the second half but we dug in and got the points where many top sides will struggle this season.
That eze looked alright

I don’t like the rule personally, however, it is what it is.

Like you though, I was bemused yesterday with the level of outrage about our pen, given it was clear and had it not hit Wards hand it gets past him and Richie was running in behind.

Where the rule is an absolute arse is the one given to the RS vs Leeds. The shot hit the defenders leg then ricocheted up onto his arm. No great outrage or fuss there, the rules innit. But Everton getting a clear one? Absolutely outrageous.

The RS won the asterix league last season thanks to countless soft decisions going their way in tight games. Usually in the 90th+ minute too, to really deflate the opposition. No complaints in the media then though.

Yep and Nkounkou, how do you force your way in if being the best player on the pitch in some games can't get you a place. we know better players are ahead of them in the first eleven but they should both be on the bench. Tough with only 7 subs.

How would people feel if the squad(24) was allowed on the bench but still only allowed 3 subs, gives more flexibility.

The season is a marathon. I also think we are assessing the players on the bench currently with a view of who to accept offers for. How are they in and around the squad, and are they giving their all for the team.

Nkounkou and Gordon will be in the match day squad regularly soon enough.

The season is a marathon. I also think we are assessing the players on the bench currently with a view of who to accept offers for. How are they in and around the squad, and are they giving their all for the team.

Nkounkou and Gordon will be in the match day squad regularly soon enough.
I agree these 2 could have a big say on our fortunes in the 2nd half of the season and certainly be playing during the busy Christmas period.

Good result for us yesterday,hopefully with the likes of players like Allan ,he can teach some of our squad how to close a game out when things get tight,all of our new midfielders have added a new dimension to our game,but one thing we have been hopeless at is closing a game out even if we have been well in front.dont have any problems with the penalty had it been the other way round it would have been given all day long,same player twice in 10 minutes,not so much said about man utds penalty,for a start where did he even find the time for that last attack of theirs way beyond the 5 mins injury time the 4th official showed,yes his hand was above his head but ball only grazed his hand and didnt make any difference to the flight of the ball,where as the defender in our game stopped the ball dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.