Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace can’t have too many complaints. Yes it wasn’t a pen (VAR is ruining the game) but I didn’t see any complaints from their players when Lindelof was penalised last week. It’s evened itself out over the course of a week.
The *witty* Echo usually has the "Capital Punishment" headline lined up for us down there.

They'll have to get their brains trust together and through gritted teeth find a more complimentary one.

How nice to have about 6 options for MOM that are all realistic in a good TEAM performance and not trying to pick the best of a bad bunch like most of last season.
I was just thinking this, how nice to have a legit 5-6 MOM options, because everyone is playing well.

How much fun is it watching matches now? Credit to Palace, they really worked hard and grinded, no matter their lack of talent they will do well this season if they keep that up. They fought hard for every ball, and I felt like werent dirty about it as is typical for the "hard working" clubs.

Palace can’t have too many complaints. Yes it wasn’t a pen (VAR is ruining the game) but I didn’t see any complaints from their players when Lindelof was penalised last week. It’s evened itself out over the course of a week.
It was a pen. So was the one last week. I don’t think they should have been pens but the rules say they were, so, no complaints.

I don’t think many teams will go to Selhusrt Park and come away with 3 points this season. I get that it was the penalty that won it for us in the end but our first half performance warranted two goals and really we should have been 3 up but for DCL missing another big chance again.

As pointed out earlier they definitely seen more of the ball the second half and we couldn’t get it off them or weren’t allowed the time to keep hold of it when we were in possession but even then they didn’t get many chances on goal against us.

You have to say overall that’s a great 3points.

Three away wins on the spin if you include our final league game last season.

Last time we won two away league games on the bounce was August/September 2016 (WBA/Sunderland).

Last time we won three was March/April 2014 (Newcastle/Fulham/Sunderland).

Get in. ;)

Edit:
Last time we won four was November/December 1985 (Ipswich/Southampton/WBA/Coventry) - bookmark this!

Really don’t know who to choose for MOTM

James for his superb ball control and passes until he ran out of gas

DCL for his goal and vital hold up play at the end

But going with Seamus who I thought was great all game.

Agreed. I think Seamus must have broken into Anfield and stolen the RS' PED's during lockdown, he's been up and down the right wing this season like it's 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.