Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for zooms, as a team we absolutely beasted them, but they had strength and a tricky diver up front who where expertly marshalled by Keane and zouma but zooms was imperious.

I wonder if UEFA could introduce a new point system that penalises teams who don't do anything but defend?! :p

Lets not forget that those hoping for a miracle of fulham beating Wolves still have to remember that we need to beat Burnley 1st-we should do,but doing it and should,are 2 different things.

I know I just flippently plucked it out of thin air and was exaggerated, I think we were rumoured 25m last year anyways.

Problem is the only time we have immediately found a fix in recent times was when we signed Rom. Before and after that we have gone for the cheaper option a little rough around the edges and as such nothing has happened.

So many people fearing EL qualification this year cos we are just "not quite ready", in 12 months time we'll most likely be in the same position with a good-ish striker and it'll be the same concerns. Hard to see another option other than splurging the cash on something certain (albeit not long term) to get us up to that level above we need to be at for European football.

I just want the manager to get a bit more momentum first, and consolidate his position, as I worry if we have another slump, and loss of confidence the team might not recover.

Seems almost like the Europa's sole purpose is to act as a proverbial speed bump or barrier, that keeps a respectable distance between the teams forced to play in it, and those in the champions leauge.

The way united, spurs, arsenal etc are playing this season I don't think it out of the realm of posibility that we (or wolves) could challenge for the champions leauge next season, but if we are in the Europa no chance IMO. I know it's a slim possibility anyway but still, better odds without it IMO...

Considering our form against the top six (or their lack of it) next season who knows, we could be in the running... a few tweaks here and there, and a bit more consistency...

I really can't get over how bad so many teams have been this season, a shambolic great competition to see who can be the least of a loser! Spurs united, and arsenal and chelsea have all been incredibly bad. Not sure if the top clubs getting worse, or the lower clubs getting better! The football has been pretty awful though with the exception of maybe... ahem...

Never mind!

Pity...our goal difference is easily the best of the contenders for 7th. A win today would have made all the difference.
Dont think it would have made difference with wolves winning,we would have gone into last game 2 points behind wolves,if both win next week as i think,and i dont think we would have beat spurs myself which we would have needed to do

Status
Not open for further replies.