Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were negatives yesterday - I don't want to talk about them right now.

Positives:

Pickford's saves were outstanding.

Keane and Mina looked good together.

Davies was incredibly positive when he came on.

The whole team will be sharper every other week. Sigurðsson and Richarlison will be significantly better. Gbamin and Kean got to see "a rainy night at Stoke" up close.

I blame Marco bringing on gbamin when Gomes got injured. Should of brought on Davies as schneiderlin and gbamin played too deep and let palaces midfielders push on. Was only when Davies came on we moved up the pitch more.

There were negatives yesterday - I don't want to talk about them right now.

Positives:

Pickford's saves were outstanding.

Keane and Mina looked good together.

Davies was incredibly positive when he came on.

The whole team will be sharper every other week. Sigurðsson and Richarlison will be significantly better. Gbamin and Kean got to see "a rainy night at Stoke" up close.
Thats the spirit.

In fairness I don't mind when people give a balanced view. Its the ones that always focus on the negatives that annoy me.

I blame Marco bringing on gbamin when Gomes got injured. Should of brought on Davies as schneiderlin and gbamin played too deep and let palaces midfielders push on. Was only when Davies came on we moved up the pitch more.

Yeh probably a mistake there, though I can see the logic in wanting Gbamin to add a bit of heigh/presence with Gomes having gone off.

We were very unlucky not to score today but equally were pretty lucky not to concede.

We just seem to need too many chances and need to start taking more if we want to win more often away from home.

Siguurdson and Coleman chances are both huge opportunities so to take neither is pretty frustrating.

The Coleman one the one which forced Guaita into that save?

He pulled off a ridiculously good save against us last season, too.

A away draw on the first day is never a bad result. All set now to have a really positive weekend next week. Things will look much better after a win against Watford.

So sick of watching us toil without a proper striker. Only Everton in world football do this. Tosun can hardly be worse than DCL can he?

The stuff Calvert Lewin does, pressing the opposition defenders into making rushed passes so we win the ball back higher up the field, Tosun can't do. He's not mobile enough. If teams sit back like Palace did yesterday, that stuff is even more important.

Why do fans do this? I know we always see things from our own clubs point of view, we all do, but some of the tripe you read is just ridiculous

The stuff Calvert Lewin does, pressing the opposition defenders into making rushed passes so we win the ball back higher up the field, Tosun can't do. He's not mobile enough. If teams sit back like Palace did yesterday, that stuff is even more important.

That might be true, I don’t really know. What I do know is I’m sick of watching Everton play with a striker who never scores.

Missed the game so can comment only on the result. Nil-nil away to a seasoned premier league side, first day of the season, new players out or only just getting used to our system, early injury to key player disrupting our flow, and a man sent off.

That’s a good result in the circumstances. Excited that we can build on this as the new players start to get together. I’m going to choose to enjoy my evening.

Agree with this. This will seem like a better result if we beat Watford next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.