Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we’re still better than the other crap teams, but we never put them to sword.

We continually outspend Palace and still can’t win there.

I think the reason we struggle against the likes of Palace is because they are happy to get a point against us. We are better than them but not significantly so. We are not as good as the likes of City or Spurs who will punish teams who sit back.

Looking at the highlights we should have gone ahead. Ended up taking the point after Palace had a couple of good chances and the red card also. If we'd taken one of those early chances I think we'd have gone on to win. But , we'll never know. We have to be more clinical in tight games like this if we want to close the gap on the teams we're looking to compete with.

I think the reason we struggle against the likes of Palace is because they are happy to get a point against us. We are better than them but not significantly so. We are not as good as the likes of City or Spurs who will punish teams who sit back.
You think? I think we’re one of the teams that Palace would be targeting wins against. There are only 6 teams anyone outside the top 6 are happy to take a point against.

You think? I think we’re one of the teams that Palace would be targeting wins against. There are only 6 teams anyone outside the top 6 that teams are happy to take a point against.

I've said this in other threads but I've felt for a while that we are not as good as the top 6 but a bit better than the rest. The bottom 12 set up for a point and the top 6 show us enough respect that we rarely beat them.

We started to show a lot of promise at the end of last season. If we can find that form again quickly I think we'll be in the hunt for 5/6th place.

I've said this in other threads but I've felt for a while that we are not as good as the top 6 but a bit better than the rest. The bottom 12 set up for a point and the top 6 show us enough respect that we rarely beat them.

We started to show a lot of promise at the end of last season. If we can find that form again quickly I think we'll be in the hunt for 5/6th place.
Hopefully. I think our first choice Xl is good enough to be competing for a Top 6 place, but I worry about squad depth.

The next 4 games are vital. We should be looking for 10 points.

Oof another fact to make the whiner look a mug
In fairness we should actually have won 6/7 of them. The one I'm undecided about is yesterday as I think in the end we probably deserved just the point.

However we dominated large periods of the game, especially in the first half, and if one of those early chances were put away I'm sure we would have won comfortably by 3 or 4 as Palace would have had to come out. We were also unlucky losing our best player to injury, and I also think Schneids was a little unfortunate (although totally stupid too) to get 2 yellows whilst Milvojevic was allowed to get away with murder.

Hopefully. I think our first choice Xl is good enough to be competing for a Top 6 place, but I worry about squad depth.

The next 4 games are vital. We should be looking for 10 points.

It's always tough to start away from home, especially when most of your new signings aren't match fit and some of our key players have had only 2 or 3 weeks preseason. Getting a red card certainly doesn't help either.

We had chances to win. Chances we arguably should really have taken. But this was always going to be a tricky game in the circumstances. Its not great but its not the end of the world.

We need the win next week now though.

I blame Marco bringing on gbamin when Gomes got injured. Should of brought on Davies as schneiderlin and gbamin played too deep and let palaces midfielders push on. Was only when Davies came on we moved up the pitch more.

I agree. As much as I’m forgiving of Gbamin’s debut, the space we had in midfield in that first half was lost the moment Gomes went off. At times we were getting the ball in the middle of the pitch and there wasn’t a palace player in sight. Shame but it happens

I don’t care what flak comes my way from the ‘bury your head in the sand brigade’ but that Everton team yesterday should be beating Crystal Palace hands down.

We will not finish top six.

We need a manager who is a proven winner in the top European leagues. Silva isn’t that man.

I watched Spurs v Aston Villa yesterday too. Mark my words...we will struggle to beat Villa never mind Spurs.

The transfer window has been a poor one for so many reasons. My only hope is that Iwobi can produce something and exceed expectations.

There you go I’ve said it. I’ll put my flak jacket and tin helmet on now but let’s re visit this come May next year and see how wrong I am.

As you were.

I don’t care what flak comes my way from the ‘bury your head in the sand brigade’ but that Everton team yesterday should be beating Crystal Palace hands down.

We will not finish top six.

We need a manager who is a proven winner in the top European leagues. Silva isn’t that man.

I watched Spurs v Aston Villa yesterday too. Mark my words...we will struggle to beat Villa never mind Spurs.

The transfer window has been a poor one for so many reasons. My only hope is that Iwobi can produce something and exceed expectations.

There you go I’ve said it. I’ll put my flak jacket and tin helmet on now but let’s re visit this come May next year and see how wrong I am.

As you were.
I haven't got a problem with you being negative about the game yesterday. We should, and probably would have won the game quite easily had we taken one or more of the early chances that came our way. But overall most fans will be disappointed that we only came away from Palace with a point, when we should have had all 3 if we want to seriously post a challenge to the top 6 this season.

But to write off our whole season on the back of one performance is just ludicrous. It really is. I'd normally advise you to give your head a wobble but I think it's already fallen off.

We had the chances and we fluffed every one of them. Until we resolve the small issue of putting the ball in the net all of our good play is worth nothing......

Status
Not open for further replies.