Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect its clear that there were opportunities to score a few during the first half. You could clearly see we possessed better footballing skills than them. For a home team they hardly troubled Pickford. It was only during the 2nd half, when Gbamin cheaply lost the ball, that they counter attacked and Pickford made 2 important saves.

I agree that at this stage it's impossible to gauge where we are as a team. It's just the same old problems that dogged us for parts of last season. That is that when we dominate teams for long periods we sometimes don't convert these periods into goals. This gives the opposition confidence.

They were wary of us first half. By the second half they could smell our vulnerability. Once our midfield changed we not only began to tire but lacked the same team cohesion.

We have to be careful here because these vulnerabilities we see can fester and before you know it we could suffer a dreadful run of losses. Confidence is so important. Players need to know that when they are putting 100% in that goals will come. It's difficult when you lose key personnel. The new ones need plenty of time to gel and build belief.

We are a team under Silva that takes time to get into its rhythm. To watch City and the other lot absolutely pulverise the opposition on the first day of the season puts matters into perspective. We are understandably miles away from that.

However it showed last season that with time, fitness and confidence we are a match for anyone.
Lot of sense there blue, far too early to make rash decisions, even if a draw was disappointing in the end, the sending off didn’t help, but let’s give them time to gel together.

Hello, new here. My thoughts on game: Pickford class, saved the day. Coleman really good, Sidibe will have a challenge to enter the squad. Digne good attacking, needs to be more direct, but good. Mina and Keane hopefully will turn out to be brutal centerback partnership, they still need to work on playing together. Mina great, Keane good. Gomes was solid until injury, needs to give us more attacking threat. Morgan is Morgan, no need to go further. Gbamin solid, needs to be a little bit tougher in duels, but he will be good once settled. Richarlison still owes us better performances, I feel he can do a lot more then this. Siggurdsson was our weakest part today, we really can't afford that bad performance. Bernard was trying but still not compatible with Digne, they still don't understand each other. DCL good target man, but that's all he is, can't score, that is a problem if we keep playing with one striker.. Kean showed he is good with the ball, can dribble, fast, hope to see more of him. Davies is probably still young prospect, but that man is just not a decent sub..

Embrace paragraphs, my friend.

Missed the game today working. Summary? 0-0 seems like a continuation of pre season.. solid at back?.. struggling to score. Sooner Kean and Iwobi get in the team the better me thinks.

I'm sure Schneids getting sent off didn't help Kean chances of scoring on his debut. As it no doubt put us on the back foot moments after Kean came on.

Not the best start but could of been worse,
Hope Gomes isn't out for long as midfields pretty bare thanks to the frauds idiocy

I was at the game, we weren’t great, we weren’t awful. Best chance in the first minute siggi should have scored, he didn’t (I probably would have done!) and then we didn’t really look like scoring. Went down to 10 didn’t let them score. Disappointing yes, but a point away is always a decent point especially when we aren’t up and running yet.
Easy to be down about it as we all want a good start but it’s much better than losing and if/when we beat Watford we’ll all be saying 4 points from our first 2 games is a good start

Why do we always struggle against poor teams away from home every single season?
Our mentality accepts mediocrity, our formation the players we have are inconsistent. The managers we have don't have a killer mentality, we haven't had a squad or forward options(could be better this year). I could go on.

Me and the missus were made up with the performance today. Ok we didn't get the score we would have liked but considering our target is clearly to finish 7th, a draw away at palace is no worse than par.

Not too sure about gbamin mind

Status
Not open for further replies.