Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow bit of over reaction going on in here

I think we learned a few things today:
1st -Keane and Mina can be a great partnership
2nd - Digne and Bernard are great together and if Iwobi can get that same momentum with Digne then our left hand attacking side can be lethal
3rd- Dom is great at getting hold of those balls forward, controlling and moving the ball on, he is definitely a good starting option for away games were we may need to play more direct
4th - Gbamin is lively, lost possession crucially twice and a couple of misplaced touched that i would put down to nerves
5th and most important-
Moise Kean is gonna bang in some goals, he reads the game well is fast and tenacious... a couple of times there (through ball through the middle he read it and sprinted unfortunately too much on the ball... and when lucas digne ran the ball out Kean was ready for it to be squared and was open)
He also brilliantly came out on the left and almost his first touch had great ball control positional awareness and released to bernard on the wing

Positives to be found... hopefully Andre isn’t too bad although another positive is Davies looked alot better when he came on too

This will be a great season

Look on the bright side. Unbeaten and with nil goals conceded. Windy conditions, first game of the season, Gomes injury, red card for Schneids and to top it all fussy Moss as referee.
Is it one of the new rules that, if the ball hits the ref, the game is stopped and the ball given to the team which isn't Everton? Or did I read that wrong?

The thing with us is we need to shoot instead of trying these little magic passes etc that look good but never lead to anything most of the time

I thought Mina and Keane were brilliant today.

We needed to put them away in the first half when we were all over them. The conditions were bad which suited them. Morgan acting like an idiot cost us a chance at 3 points today.

Davies should’ve come on for Gomes. Gbamin looked nervous and unfit.

Off to the next game.

Not good enough for me that.

Its an acceptable result in some ways if we don't want to push on and are content to stay around 7th/8th.

At some point though we need to start winning games like this. We need extra points from winnable away games.

Palace had their best player by a mile on the bench after we turned his head. We had loads of possession first half but yet again our decision making in the final third was atrocious. The Bernard reverse pass thing to Digne who wasn't expecting it (not should he have been) sums us up really.

A stupid sending off (We did the same first game of last season!), minimal clear chances and some players going missing at times defensively.

Oh and fans blaming the ref too of course. Nothing has changed so far....

Gbamin needs to realize that he wont have much time on the ball here and quickly.

Barely got to see Kean, don't remember him touching the ball much.

On the plus side the defence looked fairly solid for the most part.

Lets get the new players intergrated quickly because if we don't it's going to be another boring one.

Wow bit of over reaction going on in here

I think we learned a few things today:
1st -Keane and Mina can be a great partnership
2nd - Digne and Bernard are great together and if Iwobi can get that same momentum with Digne then our left hand attacking side can be lethal
3rd- Dom is great at getting hold of those balls forward, controlling and moving the ball on, he is definitely a good starting option for away games were we may need to play more direct
4th - Gbamin is lively, lost possession crucially twice and a couple of misplaced touched that i would put down to nerves
5th and most important-
Moise Kean is gonna bang in some goals, he reads the game well is fast and tenacious... a couple of times there (through ball through the middle he read it and sprinted unfortunately too much on the ball... and when lucas digne ran the ball out Kean was ready for it to be squared and was open)
He also brilliantly came out on the left and almost his first touch had great ball control positional awareness and released to bernard on the wing

Positives to be found... hopefully Andre isn’t too bad although another positive is Davies looked alot better when he came on too

This will be a great season

I wish I could look at that kind of performance and find the positives you have. 29 years has worn me down.

Few players looking off the pace. Seemed to lose control when Gomes went off. Gbamin looked to be feeling his way into the game quite well until he got dispossessed a couple of times then seemed to wilt a bit but he now knows the speed of the PL but still think he will adapt no problem. Kean never had much of a chance through no fault of his own. Bernard had a mixed game did things well then messed up things. DCL was just DCL....a handful but no danger. Siggy actually was well off the pace and couldn't do much right.
Pickford, Mina, Keane, Digne and Coleman for most part had decent games and thought Schnides was OKish until the sending off. Gomes was good until he went off
Bernard was horrific today, if Bolasie had of played instead and had exactly the same game as Bernard people would be feuminnn

Pickford, Mina, Keane = very good.
Rest were poor.

Second half was a mess. Kean left isolated when he came on thanks to Morgs' red leaving us unable to get up the pitch so a disappointing debut for him.

An away point and no goals conceded is proper Allardyce but better than losing.
First game and already Alladyce in mentioned. How about living in the present?

Status
Not open for further replies.