Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford is already a must win after dropping two points today, although considering we had to play 30 minutes with ten men, a point is ok I guess

They also lost 3-0 to Brighton. At home with Iwobi available would still have me cautiously optimistic but Watford never make it easy.

Bet you Silva nor anyone else thought he was going to have an off day today so how would you drop him? He still works hard on the pitch chasing and harrying and we know sometimes he doesn't score or put it on a plate for others but he is too good a player to leave out over one bad game. He will know himself he wasn't up to scratch and will try to rectify that.

He will up his game if he knows Iwobi or someone else could take his place .. I'm just glad we have more options now and don't have to play DCL and Walcott as much

Watford is already a must win after dropping two points today, although considering we had to play 30 minutes with ten men, a point is ok I guess
So you don't think that Watford will be saying to themselves "next week is a must win as we dropped 3 points at home today"? Every game should be treated as a must win, but it's few teams that manage to win them all.

How do we fall for it every season?
Pre-season "These lads are ace, we're getting top 4"
First match "Some of new lads not fit" , "Some of new lads need time to adjust" , "We'll be up to speed by October"
Ffs Ebepton.

Can someone please explain to me what games we should win in this league and how many points we should get from top 6 teams. By my reckoning we should be achieving a minimum of 78 points then add on any points we get from top 6 teams. That will be the amount of points quite a few expect us to get each season.

Your base is to win your home games and pick up a few draws for the aways. Do that more often than not and you will end up where we usually do.

I personally don't think its unreasonable for our fans to want to beat Palace away from home though (especially after a disruptive summer for them) if we want to push on as a club. Today was an eminently winnable fixture.

Obviously these teams wont just roll over an let us win but that is the next step in our progress. If we don't aim to do that then what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.