Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and what does he have to show for it? nothing as usual

He's a good rotational player, to come off the bench and make an impact as a sub.... that's it

I disagree. He links up really well with digne. Yes his end product hasn't shown yet but its his first game of the new season after having a full pre season.

No difference from the start last season. Possession without nearly shot on goals. No one in our midfield is creative enough. The new ones didn't impress. Davis is even poorer than last season, January window for him. Kean and Mina did great, who needs Zouma? Silva should consider putting DCL on the left on behalf of Bernard (just a running rabbit). Digne and Coleman had a great game, as Richardilson. Dbamine got a feeling of Premier League and he experienced that this is Formula 1! Not a good debut, same for Keane. We need a AM, like Iwobi! See him against Watford
Sounds about right. But it will take time for Gbamin and Kean to adjust to the English game and neither had a pre-season.

Furious about this result a draw against relegation fodder. For me it is Silva who should carry the can for this. I thought from seeing the line up that it was not good Playing that Schnieds crap in the middle and DCL up front, who can't score a goal to save his life. NO all down to Silva for me should have started from the off with some new boys instead of waiting. Should gone for the throat from the off but Silva playing safe. I had the same feeling last season with Silva more concerned with playing safe than going at a game.

for the record, what I'm saying about Bernad is not based on just today. I want to be clear about that.

However, today was the final straw for me.... dribbling himself out of play comically, taking on the defender and then passing it off to Digne (miscommunication, ok) but DIgne is nowhere near it..... no threat on goal..... he did have the nice pass to DIgne in first half which Digne crossed on the ground.... but that's about it.... he's just not producing enough. Likeable guy and player, but production is lacking. You can't have no production at all out of one of your two wingers and then expect to make the next step into the top 6..... doesn't add up for me.... start Iwobi as soon as possible, and don't look back on the decision....

Furious about this result a draw against relegation fodder. For me it is Silva who should carry the can for this. I thought from seeing the line up that it was not good Playing that Schnieds crap in the middle and DCL up front, who can't score a goal to save his life. NO all down to Silva for me should have started from the off with some new boys instead of waiting. Should gone for the throat from the off but Silva playing safe. I had the same feeling last season with Silva more concerned with playing safe than going at a game.

perhaps it's easy to say after the fact, but starting Schneiderlin ahead of Davies was a mistake if you ask me.... and not just due to the red card either.... Schneiderlin is the same he's always been, and always will be.... relatively lazy player, who takes low-risk passes (often backwards) and that's it..... I'll be OK if he never starts for Everton again. Rather start the younger Davies and have him progress and gain more experience....

and what does he have to show for it? nothing as usual

He's a good rotational player, to come off the bench and make an impact as a sub.... that's it

It really dos not matter who puts the final ball in for a goal, why are people so obsessed with assists?

He does make things happen, gets us in good positions with his intelligent movement. He also doesn't mind a bit of the dirty work which I like of him.

His decision making in the final third can be frustrating but I could say that about the whole team, it's been like that for years too.

Relax Kean and Gbamin got their debuts, we got a point after one got carded off, and our defense, minus 2-3 occasions, was very solid. The clean sheet should be celebrated more than the bemoaning of not scoring a goal here. Good on Keane and Mina today :cheers:

Same old, played a side who’s fans hadn’t looked forward to the season starting. New signings brought in and the stadium reveal the other week you’d think we’d have a spring in our step, oh Everton how we’ve missed you frustrating us of a Saturday afternoon. The CB situation is a worry why wasn’t that addressed when we let jags go?

for the record, what I'm saying about Bernad is not based on just today. I want to be clear about that.

However, today was the final straw for me.... dribbling himself out of play comically, taking on the defender and then passing it off to Digne (miscommunication, ok) but DIgne is nowhere near it..... no threat on goal..... he did have the nice pass to DIgne in first half which Digne crossed on the ground.... but that's about it.... he's just not producing enough. Likeable guy and player, but production is lacking. You can't have no production at all out of one of your two wingers and then expect to make the next step into the top 6..... doesn't add up for me.... start Iwobi as soon as possible, and don't look back on the decision....
I've been saying that for a while, he's just slightly better than Bolasie, all the tricks but most of the time leads to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.