Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well be fine Palace away is a tough opening fixture, plenty will drop points there, we have a lot of very good players who need to find their feet, we will be absolutely fine

While I would agree that no game in the PL is easy in an absolute sense, relatively speaking some are easier and Palace is one of them, so I think the result is disappointing when compared with the clubs aim to finish higher than last year.

I also agree that with more time things have a good chance of improving, barring injuries and daft behaviour (!)

Away from the result, has anyone got a coherent argument as to why the palace player who studded bernard (?) in the thigh didn't get carded? VAR ed it and play on but to me it looked a nasty challenge. Its on the sky sports 2 minutes highlights they put out on twitter.

We can’t ever seem to find the correct ball when it matters. Good players like Bernard seem to lose all their composure for some reason.

It’s not a new thing either.

Overall it was a game we can draw some POSITIVES out of.

1. Richarlison has improved a great deal with his deft footworks and strength and dispossess less frequently then last season. He also fell to the ground on lesser occasions unless he was really forcefully tripped on yanked. +8

2. Moise Kean is clearly a much better option then DCL upfront as he'd already imposed himself on the pitch albeit brief presence and you can feel he is just waiting to become a real threat as season wears on. +7.5

3. Our defense was again convincing enough although a couple of occasions when we were dispossessed and countered and we were caught napping and Coleman was still lurking at the midway line. Other than that, the whole team pressed well and accounts for the small possession rate of our opponent (35%). +7.5

4. Sneiderlin's red card means a chance for Tom Davies to start for a couple of games at least and proof himself worthy. +8 (on red card blessing in disguise).

5. Marco Silva +8 (for team pressing and overall fast pace)

6. Gbamin coming on and a chance to get his nervy weakness accounted for and dealt with early on in the season. Hope he comes good soon and settle down as Marco will definitely bring him up to task. +7 (on displaying weakness as well as some glimpses of good combination with digne n Bernard on the left).

7. Bernard may fumbled a little on the byline but his work rate was quite phenomenal on defence as well as up the byline. His daring and willingness to move forward and takes risks creates moment of possibilities upfront and in turn commits errors due to his eagerness. We rather have this then a player who dares not take risk. +7

8. A fare result and decent start. Can't wait to be back home. +8

First 30 minutes we looked in control, playing some could great football. Midfield bossing it. Could have been a couple of goals to the good, They had a 10 minute spell which coincided with Gomes’s injury. We lost control of the game a bit 2nd half I think due to losing Gomes and either team could have won. The bottom line is Siggy and Coleman should have buried their chances. We need to give Kean a run in the team. He made some intelligent runs but we didn’t find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.