Could/should Dyche walk after last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dear Mr Moshiri and Mr Kenwright, thank you for the 2.5 year contract of employment at £100,000 per week. I know the ink isn't dry on it yet and even though I was well aware at the time of taking the job there may not be any signings I have decided to voluntarily walk away from my £12.5m owed compensation and go back to being unemployed, waiting for one of only twenty possible jobs in the Premier League to come my way again. Best wishes, Sean."

The amount of daft questions on even more daft threads is tooooo damn high!!! ?

No chance. He knew what he was walking into and he's getting paid handsomely for a job with zero expectations. There's loads on here already absolving Dyche from any responsibility if we go down. He hasn't managed one game for us yet and people are already saying "well, what could be do". Easiest job in football. He could do absolutely nothing and people would just shrug their shoulders. Most likely we're about to get absolutely pumped against arsenal and an out of form RS. Nobody will say a word. Money for old rope. I wish I was Sean Dyche. He can retire after 4 months work.

2e112ead66ab16774a0d9c2c71ebcabc.png
The death cult are pathetic. That's because they were willing us to be relegated from a position of real hope that we could comfortably leave the relegation places behind.

That's not possible now. My position isn't to wish Everton down, it's all about facing the reality of relegation now.

The actions of a lot of people at this club in the last few weeks have ensured we'll be relegated. The crisis we're in has many origins. Mostly the board and owner's, but there's a place there too for groups who failed to understand that the last manager and the lack of planning for players needed to be the object of protests way before the protesting for the removal of a board and owner who were going nowhere in the short term.

I think there were players to be had there yesterday but the club crisis made us unattractive.

Sean probably knows if he makes some success of it here he will become massively wealthy over the long term. I don't buy into your presumption he sees it as one of a lottery ticket bonanza. The man has pride. No amount of money would be worth it to fail miserably and forever be maligned by the fan base and labeled by the industry as a loser (Frank knows this).
He could be completely unsuccessful here and still walk away with more money than you and I will earn in our lifetimes combined. If he fails here the media narrative will be that he had no chance and when a current mid-table side are in the mire next year, he'll slip straight in to that gig. No lose situation for Dyche. He's the happiest manager in the PL.

Would love us to beat or even draw against the gunners and vanquish your clickbait provocative posts to the back room. The veritable silence from yourself would be a small victory. Sadly we will probs get pumped and your sensationalist machinations will prevail!
What use are draws to us now? It's you who's looking for small victories, my friend.

A) He had 24 hours for him to get a player! You're taking your rage out on Dyche because in 24 hours he didnt do the following..?
- scout a player
- negotiate a fee with club
- convince the player who is highly likely happy at his club and with his family settled to instantly throw that away and join our circus..
- negotiate wages, bonuses and signing on fee
- sort a medical etc

Seriously?

B) and more importantly.. it's not his job to buy players!!!!!!
Where's Jack Bauer when you need him ?

Who do you reckon could keep those players up then?
Not the point, though, is it? Nobody should have the task of keeping us up with these players.

I think his interview made it fairly clear he knew, or strongly suspected we'd get nobody and he was probably the only guy willing to take the job on that basis.

Nothing would make our present situation more hilarious than him throwing a wobbler and leaving, but not a chance he does. He gets a free hit this year, and then we judge him on his ability to get us straight back up next season.

I don’t think he’s got the personality to walk away if things get tough, however, what a perfect free hit for him now.

Whatever happens at Everton now, he’s always got the excuse of us being in chaos.

So why would he? Worst case for him is he’s taking home a fancy wedge every week, the best case is he becomes a hero, he literally can’t lose.

For the record I hope he becomes the hero, and we somehow find a way to oust the board without relegation happening.

I genuinely think he'll have us playing a style of football that will suit us McNeil will look like a different player and I think Maupay will as well playing off Dom.

He won’t walk. We may have told him there will be activity but he’s been waiting to get back into management for months. He will be well paid and will fancy himself to do a job here. Even if we go down he will more than likely get next year unless it’s a complete disaster in the coming months.

It’s the biggest job he’s had and he will fancy the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.