2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different positions, Kean was centre forward and had already agreed to leave the club before Dyche was here

Not sure how lean is even relevant to anything really
Might explain the terrible performances….
Typos eh?

As far as Coady is concerned, I find it difficult to get Said Benrahma out of my mind. We were still in the game, albeit one down, when Coady turned like an oil tanker, when Benrahma waltz passed him to score. I'm sure that my 62yr old creaking frame could have made a more effective attempt to stop him.
Absolutely right to have got rid. Surely we should aspire to be better.

Whatever happens this summer Godfrey and Holgate have to go. We’ve only got Tarks, Branthwaite and Keane, we’ll need to sign another centre back. Should spend most of our (probably tiny) budget on forwards so from that point of view Coady would have been experienced and cheap squad option.

Be interesting to see who we bring in, Dyche definitely will sign a proper defender - gone are the days of the Holgate/Godfreys who can head a ball or defend their box. Thank God.

Whatever happens this summer Godfrey and Holgate have to go. We’ve only got Tarks, Branthwaite and Keane, we’ll need to sign another centre back. Should spend most of our (probably tiny) budget on forwards so from that point of view Coady would have been experienced and cheap squad option.

Be interesting to see who we bring in, Dyche definitely will sign a proper defender - gone are the days of the Holgate/Godfreys who can head a ball or defend their box. Thank God.

Keane needs to go too.

Keane needs to go too.
In an ideal world. But would only leave us Tarks and Branthwaite. Would mean we’d need to sign at least two centre backs and I’d rather we save whatever budget we have for forwards. If we need to sign two centre backs then would make the arguement for buying a cheap Coady stronger.

In an ideal world. But would only leave us Tarks and Branthwaite. Would mean we’d need to sign at least two centre backs and I’d rather we save whatever budget we have for forwards. If we need to sign two centre backs then would make the arguement for buying a cheap Coady stronger.
We need two new fullbacks too ......

We need two new fullbacks too ......
In an ideal world but with no budget we’re not going to be able to cover all the areas we need, I wouldn’t think.

I’d focus on centre forward, a right midfielder who can score between 5/10 a season and a left back. If we can sell Godfrey and Holgate then a centre back as well.

I hate this board as much as the next man, but not retaining Coady is a good decision in my opinion.

“Well he’s better than Holgate” etc. is the sort of thinking that has us exactly where we belong right now. We need to sign players that will improve us, not just fill up a bench.
I agree, but we're defo gonna shop for worse this summer lol

The point still remains, he should be the first out of the door.

The point still remains, he should be the first out of the door.
I’d have Godfrey and Holgate out before Keane. I’d have sold Keane last summer as he didn’t suit Lampard’s style and there was no point him staying as Lampard didn’t play him.

Could see the same happening with Godfrey and Holgate under Dyche if they stay. Their biggest weaknesses are heading/attacking the ball in the air, defending their box - Dyche won’t play them at centre back, they just don’t suit his style so we should sell them.

Ideally we move on all three but I just don’t see us doing enough business to make it realistic when we have so many other areas to improve. If we do move on Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and Keane then I’d think not taking an option on a cheap Coady would seem an odd decision.

I’d have Godfrey and Holgate out before Keane. I’d have sold Keane last summer as he didn’t suit Lampard’s style and there was no point him staying as Lampard didn’t play him.

Could see the same happening with Godfrey and Holgate under Dyche if they stay. Their biggest weaknesses are heading/attacking the ball in the air, defending their box - Dyche won’t play them at centre back, they just don’t suit his style so we should sell them.

Ideally we move on all three but I just don’t see us doing enough business to make it realistic when we have so many other areas to improve. If we do move on Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and Keane then I’d think not taking an option on a cheap Coady would seem an odd decision.

I do agree mate, but I think Keane is the most saleable out of the three and would probably command a slightly higher fee.

I hate this board as much as the next man, but not retaining Coady is a good decision in my opinion.

“Well he’s better than Holgate” etc. is the sort of thinking that has us exactly where we belong right now. We need to sign players that will improve us, not just fill up a bench.
!

I do agree mate, but I think Keane is the most saleable out of the three and would probably command a slightly higher fee.
Is he saleable? bet we'd be subsidising his wages for 2 years if some club takes a chance on him though, because those interested won't be stupid enough to pay that much

Status
Not open for further replies.