2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we all like Coady the facts are we have too many players in his position and they aren’t worth moving on, and in Dyches eye Kean is as good as Coady.
On top of that the mere 4m will rise to 20m over the whole contract. Not worth it when we have Branthwaite on his way back.

I would have signed him and I am surprised we haven't. Coady has limitations, but for such a small fee I do think he would still probably start most games for us or provide reliable cover if he didn't. What do we do for example if Tarkowski gets a serious injury? Can we really get by? For an English player, 4.5M for an experienced player that has at least 4-5 years left in him is buttons.

As much as we all like Coady the facts are we have too many players in his position and they aren’t worth moving on, and in Dyches eye Kean is as good as Coady.
On top of that the mere 4m will rise to 20m over the whole contract. Not worth it when we have Branthwaite on his way back.
They play in two different positions and Dyche didn’t get to judge on Moise as he’s already left

Godfrey is crap. Having pace alone doesnt make a player. Looked okay first season but that was more for his runs through the middle than his defending. Since then hes been awful. Why are people determined to keep insisting hes any good?
Im not to sure, there is a player there and he can operate as LB (useful for the squad) he has had rotten luck with injuries and he has played some good games, but there is a lot of his game he needs to still improve. The one player a lot rate and I can never understand is Dom I’ve never seen anything more than a average player at best. But we all have our own opinions that’s what makes these forums interesting.

We will sign Ben Mee he will have his Burnley pairing back together then.
It's not the craziest thing I've heard. We've already signed Burnley players, the Burnley coaching staff, and the club's current ambition seems to basically be on a par with Burnley of 5 years ago. Think you might be on to something there...

Thought he was a great toffee but go look what most 30 year old defenders go for. It’sa lot less than you think

I would have signed him and I am surprised we haven't. Coady has limitations, but for such a small fee I do think he would still probably start most games for us or provide reliable cover if he didn't. What do we do for example if Tarkowski gets a serious injury? Can we really get by? For an English player, 4.5M for an experienced player that has at least 4-5 years left in him is buttons.

He is a member of the Wokerati party.

Im not to sure, there is a player there and he can operate as LB (useful for the squad) he has had rotten luck with injuries and he has played some good games, but there is a lot of his game he needs to still improve. The one player a lot rate and I can never understand is Dom I’ve never seen anything more than a average player at best. But we all have our own opinions that’s what makes these forums interesting.
He's a crap CB and a crap LB he can't defend for toffee but is quick. Don't understand why the fact he can play 2 positions badly makes him useful for the squad.

He's a crap CB and a crap LB he can't defend for toffee but is quick. Don't understand why the fact he can play 2 positions badly makes him useful for the squad.
It's part of EFC's cutting edge, industry leading, outside the box pioneering approach to transfer business.

"We don't just sign players who are rubbish in one position, we sign players who are rubbish in TWO positions for exactly the same price! Tashhag Genius#"

I'd be happy if he swapped Keane for Mee to resurrect his Burnley pairing of Tarkowski/Mee. Not sure Brentford are looking to sell him though.
I'd be happy to swap Keane for me, you, or a cardboard cut out of Richard Dunne at this point.

I'd be happy to swap Keane for me, you, or a cardboard cut out of Richard Dunne at this point.

Tbf on the balance of probability you're older and less mobile than Kegger but maybe got a better footballing brain so I'll take you. Are you available on loan? Happy with an option to buy as long as it's not an obligation to buy coz we'll be skint next year too.

Different positions, Kean was centre forward and had already agreed to leave the club before Dyche was here

Not sure how lean is even relevant to anything really

It's not the craziest thing I've heard. We've already signed Burnley players, the Burnley coaching staff, and the club's current ambition seems to basically be on a par with Burnley of 5 years ago. Think you might be on to something there...
Yeah but dyche hasn't signed ex burnley players, and one thing I'm sure of is he will want to be moving away from that Tag..
Dyche will want nothing more than to prove he has more strings to his bow than Burnley.
I'm sure you would see a totally different Window than expected ( If we didn't have FFP hanging over our heads like a dark cloud )

Status
Not open for further replies.