Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does football believe that footballers don't have to practice social distancing like the rest of us, I'm waiting for them to suggest that all the players get tested before a game while nurses and doctors can't even get tested, time they stepped into the real world
They will be able to play but can't go nearer than two metres from each other.

The problem with that is that there will be 20,000 fans milling around outside of the ground.

To do what though? Why would they drive down to Villa Park (won’t be trains running) to congregate outside a stadium for two hours and then drive back if they haven’t been arrested? It’s not like they can go out on the ale or anything.

With all due respect - have a read back over my posts instead investing your time in the bile above. You are so far off the mark it's incredible!

I am not hiding behind the "When it's safe" to do so & at no point did I say it's a good idea, the point in my above post is the FA are, the solution is a vague notion of how football might return, no one knows when this will be realistically & I have mentioned on here for quite some time that I think football could be a 8 - 12 months away & there is no way behind close doors will happen in reality (and outlined all the reasons why).

Personally, I don't think the season will be finished but what is clear is there is still clutching at straw attempts to do so, from the FA, the Bundesliga who revealed a similar plan this morning & UEFA who continue to say seasons will be finished (at least they are now talking deadlines).

What I have said here (on the 12th March) - the plan remains to finish the season, this was in the context of a one month break from sport being predicted which clearly isn't the case now. My other main point is that whether the league is voided, finished in delayed capacity or anything else, they will all come with their individual challenges, legal, logistical or timing.
Dr Fauci said that the virus will create it's own timeline and I think that is reality.

Season 19/20 be played out quickly behind closed doors at the end of July or even during August... I think that is the best that can be hoped for now for those who want to finish out the season.
I assume that it is the clubs in conjunction with the FA and the League authorities who will decide what happens.

Will clubs be happy to forego a run in the Carabao Cup maybe the chance of earning money if you go on a good run or even getting to Wembley so that the old season can be finished or because four clubs want to play in the CL ?

Will the FA Cup be dropped to fit in league matches because season 20/21 is forced to start late because the previous season is being finished ?

Everything depends on the timeline and that is not known yet.
I would say however the narrative is changing somewhat. A couple of weeks ago it was all about finishing this season but that stance seems to have softened a little... and we are still in March.

By August, if it isn't finished before then, what will be the appetite for finishing out the season by then ?

To do what though? Why would they drive down to Villa Park (won’t be trains running) to congregate outside a stadium for two hours and then drive back if they haven’t been arrested? It’s not like they can go out on the ale or anything.
If Everton had the opportunity to win the league at Villa Park even if the fans were not allowed in do you not think that some supporters would not travel down ?

Are the Championship, League 1 and League 2 going to have these camps too? As they will need to finish their seasons. If not then they will mount legal challenges.

If they are then the womens leagues and all the national leagues that have already been void will certainly challenge any decision to play top level games as they will argue that there is no difference in safety levels and that they were not allowed the extra time to see if the coronavirus passes so they could finish their seasons.

There has to be one decision which applies to every club and league

Status
Not open for further replies.