Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Karen Brady has been forced to "back track" her comments and that she now says Liverpool are worthy title winners.

Anyone who doesnt think their media propaganda machine isnt going to force the PL's handed into awarding it them is deluded.

she’ll have been paid off and told what the consequences will be for West Ham next season at the hands of corrupt referees if she doesn’t get in line now.

I see Karen Brady has been forced to "back track" her comments and that she now says Liverpool are worthy title winners.

Anyone who doesnt think their media propaganda machine isnt going to force the PL's handed into awarding it them is deluded.

Everyone will know forever that they won nowt.

The huge star next to it for eternity will be delicious.

Madrid (I think the whole of Spain too) is down for 15 days. I can take the dogs for a walk on my own, but not as a family. Essential travel only which includes for food and pharmacies. On the plus side, I can still go to the hairdressers..... Not that I've needed to go for quite a few years.
Same in the Austrian Tyrol. Not allowed out of the house for a minimum of one week apart from essential travel. Most work closed down or moved to home office. All borders closed with German one shutting tomorrow morning.

Then it's just as well that nobody gives a flying one what Gold's P.A. says isn't it?
The woman is full of her own perceived self-importance.

she’ll have been paid off and told what the consequences will be for West Ham next season at the hands of corrupt referees if she doesn’t get in line now.

Brady made a sensible comment at a ridiculous time. Fairly typical of the crass, exceptionally arrogant way she conducts herself (and their ownership do). The smart move is to sit silently, make it look like you want things to go on, then when the time comes argue for voiding the league.

She has made it look like it's a vindictive campaign against Liverpool, which I genuinely don't think it is from her. She just understands that structurally for West Ham, they are safest with a voided season. She should have stuck to that line.

This will be getting re-argued now though. I suspect she will say the same going forward, but just not emphasise the bit about Liverpool. It's a really silly angle to try and win the debate on.

They’re the best team but they haven’t won have they ? Just like Norwich aren’t relegated because it’s not over . I remember watching Sir Steve Redgrave win one of his golds and the interviewer saying something like “another couple of metres and the Italians /Australians/whoever might have had you there “ and Redgrave was obviously not pleased and his response was something along the lines of “the race is 2000m not 2005m” . Basically he was peaked to perform at that distance because that was the race . It doesn’t matter whose ahead at 1995m or 2005m only 2000m. It’s the same with football that Wimbledon season we were down and out so many times in that final game but it only mattered where we where when the final whistle blew .

my long winded point is you can’t relegate teams because of where they are with 9 games left , you can’t say “the RS would 99.99999999 have won the league “ , it’s just not how sport works . If the rules are set out and it’s not finished then it’s void , it seems simple enough to me and I get it’s unpalatable for their fans but unfortunately for them it’s where we are .
Exactly.

2014/15 Leicester had 19 points after 29 games.
They took 22 points off the last 9 and survived quite easily.
They won the Premiership 12 months later.
Anything could and, as history teaches us, does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.