Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league will end, they will be given their pat on the head sticker and we will mock them about it forever more. 25 points clear and still didn’t properly win the league.

They also didn’t win it either.

Need to move into the real world Kieran, if I work 8 hours I get 8 hours pay, no matter how hard I work. So I don't work that hard, I pace myself over my 8 hours, so I don't peak too early :) . Though I know it's only your opinion, it may be wrong, oh sorry all our opinions are all wrong and yours is again correct. Now if you go and ask your kindly boss nicely, if you can work less hours for the same money, I'm sure he'd be all over it. Silly me, all these years.

We have cost Liverpool 3 points this weekend by ringing in sick. Possible costing them the league. It’s been the best weekend in football derbwise in, maybe forever?

It is a good point Jay but I do miss the roar of the crowd, the 'GET RID' when we're under pressure, the smell of football, you know?

Has a precedent been set in sport by cricket ? Competitive competition game not played because of bad weather so the team with the best record at the time is crowned winner.
Personally I think that sucks and shouldn't happen in football but it will be considered for sure.
However, if that criteria is used to decide the premiership title then so should euro qualifying and relegation places and suddenly you see thats just not right or fair.

So the premier league will be settled by the Duckworth/Lewis method ? Really well that's me out for a duck. lol

Need to move into the real world Kieran, if I work 8 hours I get 8 hours pay, no matter how hard I work. Now if you go and ask your kindly boss nicely, if you can work less hours for the same money, I'm sure he'd be all over it. Silly me, all these years.

Respectfully, mate, that's not how a fair bit of the working western world functions, though it may have been back in the day.

There are literally thousands of jobs, mine included, whereby I can work fewer hours than my colleagues in precisely the same role and get paid far more.

We're deviating off topic a little bit, but it's not that ridiculous a notion, is it? Many jobs these days are remunerated based on outputs rather than inputs.

Though I know it's only your opinion, it may be wrong, oh sorry all our opinions are all wrong and yours is again correct.

lol I don't know where you keep getting this from. I'm one of the most respectful and tolerant of other opinions on here. It's a game of opinions, some arguments might be stronger than others but I'm not right, you're not right - it's pretty much all subjective with this stuff.

Perhaps there is an opportunity here for the club in the long term. Maybe we could support the 'awarding' of the title to Liverpool and in return, they could take some of our deadwood.
We vote for what ever Liverpool want, they give us a sum of money for Siggurdson, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Sandro etc. All of whom would have to be given good, long term contracts. Our FFP is sorted, theirs not so much..

Respectfully, mate, that's not how a fair bit of the working western world functions, though it may have been back in the day.

There are literally thousands of jobs, mine included, whereby I can work fewer hours than my colleagues in precisely the same role and get paid far more.

We're deviating off topic a little bit, but it's not that ridiculous a notion, is it? Many jobs these days are remunerated based on outputs rather than inputs.

lol I don't know where you keep getting this from. I'm one of the most respectful and tolerant of other opinions on here. It's a game of opinions, some arguments might be stronger than others but I'm not right, you're not right - it's pretty much all subjective with this stuff.

Tbh I'm just a process operator and the only way we could achieve what your saying was working weekends, overtime.
Alas even that little luxury, was taken away years ago by our kindly bosses, by bringing in annualised hours. :)

Stop the league now make the premiership bottom3 play the top 3 of the championship to decide relegation/promotion

its not in the rules though is it ? Why would they agree , I wouldn’t . It’s a legal minefield , the competition rules are set up when you start personally I can’t see how you can change them 3/4 of the way through . It’s like they got rid of offside on the first of march until May or said away goals count double . I’m not sure how football squares this circle without voiding it . I’m probably wrong though , that wouldn’t be unusual .

They’re the best team but they haven’t won have they ? Just like Norwich aren’t relegated because it’s not over . I remember watching Sir Steve Redgrave win one of his golds and the interviewer saying something like “another couple of metres and the Italians /Australians/whoever might have had you there “ and Redgrave was obviously not pleased and his response was something along the lines of “the race is 2000m not 2005m” . Basically he was peaked to perform at that distance because that was the race . It doesn’t matter whose ahead at 1995m or 2005m only 2000m. It’s the same with football that Wimbledon season we were down and out so many times in that final game but it only mattered where we where when the final whistle blew .

my long winded point is you can’t relegate teams because of where they are with 9 games left , you can’t say “the RS would 99.99999999 have won the league “ , it’s just not how sport works . If the rules are set out and it’s not finished then it’s void , it seems simple enough to me and I get it’s unpalatable for their fans but unfortunately for them it’s where we are .
Do you really expect our neighbours to lose the rest of the games and City win them all?

If it was our club in that position what would you be saying then?

I genuinely wouldn't raise an wtwneow

Yeah there was actually story in the Guardian about a company that stripped back breaks, lunch, worked 0800-1400 on Mon to Thurs and were paying the workers the same and productivity had sky rocketed.

I know i could have mentioned this yesterday and all the time you've been arguing but it o
Bores me, so i didn't.

I honestly think as the weeks go by and sadly the body count rises you will find a change of opinion from the vast majority away from finishing the season towards a fresh start when it is safe to do so. I also think there will need to be a consistency of approach across the major European leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.